• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cafolla2

Feb 12, 2010
I don't know if anyone else is using It but I just got Zenexp from xda. And I love It it is everything I always wanted a Rom to be fast, stable, and LANDSCAPE SENSE! My only gripe is the "glass" icons way to iphoneish for me but. Ill live with it for all its. Wins

I don't know if anyone else is using It but I just got Zenexp from xda. And I love It it is everything I always wanted a Rom to be fast, stable, and LANDSCAPE SENSE! My only gripe is the "glass" icons way to iphoneish for me but. Ill live with it for all its. Wins

what is this? something you can download from the market?

Upvote 0

Same here - the few issues it has are either minor or not a problem for me, and it's as fast and smooth as anything I've used. The Sense apps have a few new features as well, so it seems the T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide folks are going to get a very good experience out of the box! What I don't understand is why the Hero's 2.1 ROM does not include all that's already in the MT3G Slide, as those apps obviously work very well on the Hero hardware ... oh well, I look forward to enhancements to Zen's ROM, and new ROMs based on the MT3G Slide, now that folks know just how good the base ROM and Sense apps are!

Upvote 0
I have been playing with this ROM for a while, (thanks for recommending it, Kelmar!) and it is realy very smooth and fast. I just found a fix for the one issue I had with it. I didn't like the way the icons/shortcuts had a box around them, iPhone style. Thanks to .mak at xda, here is the fix for that:

Download RemoveIconBG_Hero_mak_UNZIPMEFIRST.zip
Extract the contents to your desktop (you'll find update_signed.zip in the folder you extract)
Place update_signed.zip on your sdcard
Reboot into Recovery
Make a nandroid backup
Flash update_signed.zip
Reboot and enjoy!

EDIT: One GREAT feature available for the ROM is a fix for the double menu press waking up and/or unlocking the phone. NO MORE pocket dials! Also, I have no issues with BT or email with this ROM. It has an easy updater that helps with updates, themes, and extras!

Upvote 0
I just wanted to say that I've tried Fresh 2.0d, Fresh 2.1.2 and Damage Control 2.08 and this Zen ROM runs more efficiently than any of them. Less hassles, great features, good battery life and everything works correctly as far as I can tell. I highly recommend it.

It's great, isn't it!!! Not a single other ROM has lasted on my phone for more than 48 hours EXCEPT for this one!!! :D

Upvote 0
Lol!

There are a few different tips and tricks you can do along the way to get things the way you like (like w/o the iphonish app background that JB listed above).

Let us know if you have any problems that we can assist you with. Worse case scenario, nandroid is only a few clicks away! :)

Upvote 0
Lol!

There are a few different tips and tricks you can do along the way to get things the way you like (like w/o the iphonish app background that JB listed above).

Let us know if you have any problems that we can assist you with. Worse case scenario, nandroid is only a few clicks away! :)

Yeah, I may try to DL it right now, I don't think I'm over my allowance for the day, yet. If I need a hand, I think I can find you guys....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones