1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Zenfone 5 A500kl bricked, possibly either a soft OR hard brick.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by phyrigian, Feb 8, 2016.

1. phyrigian

phyrigian Lurker

A few days ago i looked at my phone and it was powered off, when i powered on it had the asus logo and a small yellow message in the top left corner that said something along the lines of the rom is corrupt (i cant remember exactly). I then did a hard reset and when powered on again it said the same message. I then plugged it into power supply, the red led came on to indicate it was charging and i went about my business. Then yesterday i looked at my phone and the led was still red, i unplugged it for a moment then plugged it back in but the led did not light up. I then tried to power on but there is no response, at this point i would assume it is hard bricked but i decided to plug it into my computer. At the point of plugging it into my computer a quick succession of windows opened up all saying "you need to format the disk in drive (I through to Z): before you can use it", it also showed all of these as local disk (I through to Z) on "this PC" in windows explorer, plus a local disk(H: entry which states 8.07MB free of 63.9MB. Inside this is 2 files, one named image and one named verinfo, the one named image contains files with extensions B01, B02, B03 ETC and MDT files. also if i hold the power button whilst plugged into the computer it registers the device as connecting and disconnecting. I have spent a few hours going through the posts on this and other forums but could not find any posts that describe this set of circumstance. Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download