• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Zenithink ZT 180 2.2 - Marketplace?

robbiedoo

Lurker
Feb 15, 2011
Hey all,

I updated my Zenithink ZT 180 tablet to android 2.2. I am trying to access the Marketplace, or even just to register a google account, but every time I enter my existing google account or try to sign up for a new one using the tablet, I get the same message: "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server"

I've tried restoring my tablet to 'factory settings' but that doesn't help. I got the same problem with trying to register my Google account before I updated to 2.2 as well.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to access Marketplace and register my Google account?

Any help would be really appreciated... thanks!!

I saw on other forums that if your ZT 180 runs on 256 then the 2.2 slows it down.
I upgraded 2.1 to 1240 version today and found that I had to reset the Wifi ? checking this setting might help you.
It will be pleasing to know how you get on and feed back on the 2.2 would be appreciated.
Whilst posting I had problems in connecting my ZT 180 to my PC until windows found : localhostr.com - share … anything . It took some 3 minutes and my update was done.
Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I just got my zenithink but the new 512mb and 2.2 and have the same problem. Other networks or connecting with the ethernet adapter won't work either. I heard that if your device has been connected before to marketplace just open the youtube app and sign in with a gmail account it will show up in your accounts. But if your device is not linked from the past it wont work in the marketplace.

Upvote 0
You're saying you can't connect to any network at all? Wifi or Ethernet? That's a bummer... sorry to hear it. Hard to call it an internet tablet if internet doesn't work...

I tried to sign in with the youtube app but for the life of me I can't find where to login in the app. Do you know where I can login in the YouTube app?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones