1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Zenwatch 2 Not letting me read texts

Discussion in 'ASUS ZenWatch Line' started by terrapin69, Nov 16, 2015.

1. terrapin69

terrapin69 Lurker

I assume this is an issue plaguing all wearables - But I get the text notification but swiping up, clicking on the message - does nothing - The only options are to discard or block the app - I cannot read the content of the message - kinda useless-any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

Did you install the ZenWear app? At first I wasn't even getting the messages....then I installed that. Now I swipe right and can block, reply, mark as read, etc.

3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Depends on android waer support for the messaging app you are using. Example, HTC messaging app does not work with wearables, but hangouts/google messenger, samsung messenger does

exninja likes this.
  4. exninja

exninja Android Enthusiast

I have Nexus 5X with Zenwatch 2. Messages show up, i can swipe left to cancel the notification, right to read the convo, right again to reply, then open on phone. Using stock Messenger app.

5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Exactly, google messenger, and hangouts work perfectly. Samsungs message app also works fine (on wifes phone), however, HTC stock mesage app does not work on android wear. You can see the message, open on phone, or block app only. It's the only reason I stopped using the stock message app (i refuse to use vzw message+ crapware)