1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Zero Devices z4c

Discussion in 'TV & Video' started by Wpgubaru, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Wpgubaru

Wpgubaru Lurker
    None

Feb 8, 2014
    Hi all my name is Justin. I just got a Zero Devices z4c and a Rii mini i24 Air Mouse. I upgraded to the latest firmware but still have issues like I cant turn on the stick without unplugging and plugging in the device. But the remote can turn it off. Also the resolution on the stick acts up when you lower the bottom screen bar from showing the android buttons so ill lose the top part of the screen. Just little things doesnt seem perfect.

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Is this one of those cheap HDMI dongles? It's probably not perfect by any means, likely due to poor design and testing by the unknown manufacturer

3. Wpgubaru

Wpgubaru Lurker
    None

Feb 8, 2014
    What?! No lol, from research Zero Devices makes the best andriod tv's on the market and are the fastest with the fastest cpu's on them. I'm shocked no one on this popular forum can help....

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    You mean zero-devices.com?
    Address: Building A, Office 1408
    Oriental Times Plaza -Futian district
    518031 ShenZhen (CHINA)
    Phone: (+86) 755 8398 4020

Yeh it's what I thought it was. I found that by Googling. Never heard of them before and I'm in China. :D ...there's literally thousands of companies doing Android devices in the SZ metro area. Although the vast majority are not actually designing and manufacturing, they're only "trading companies".

Where do you normally buy this particular brand, Ebay? Their's might claim be the fastest, but what you're describing sounds very much sounds like buggy software(ROM) or other design issues, specifically the resolution problem and the remote apparently not working as it should. The fact you have to unplug and reconnect it every time you want to turn it on is not satisfactory at all IMO. Could be worth checking with them for an update or see what they can suggest. Don't think there's much else you can do except RMA for a refund.