• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Zero Tolerance Policy (All Members Read!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivers316

Godmember
Oct 18, 2008
In the past few weeks it has come to the attention of Rob, Phases, and myself that there has been a huge problem with Senior members "beating up" on "noobs" and other members that they feel are asking "stupid questions" or that they feel aren't using proper grammar. As a result we have been getting A LOT of complaints from these members saying that they came here for answers and all they got was ridiculed or pushed out.

There is no grey area here. We have not appointed "grammar police." Nor have we ever asked any of you to be rude to people who haven't searched first.

We welcome EVERYONE to this forum. We don't care if their grammar isn't perfect. And, albeit a little annoying when someone doesn't, we don't "require" people to search first before they post a question. Replying to a thread by saying "use the search" is just as bad or worse than not searching first. Either reply to a thread with a helpful solution or don't reply at all.

We have entrusted our mods to use their judgement with a "ban now and ask questions later" policy. It has gotten to the point where giving infractions have become moot.

Android Forums prides itself on being the #1 place to come for all things Android and we are not going to let a few intolerant and ignorant people change that. That's it. Plain and simple.

Going forward, if you choose to be rude to people, don't be surprised if you are banned next time you go to log in. We have tried to let the community police themselves for the most part, but it appears that there is some cleaning up to do.

To those of you who are active and helpful parts of the community, and those that are just looking for help, we apologize for even allowing it to get to this point. Trust me when I tell you that we are going to do everything possible to bring Android Forums back to the light-hearted and fun place we've all grown to love. But we do need your help as well. Please continue to report threads or users that you feel aren't being helpful. Or anyone being malicious or rude.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I can only hope that the problems cease.

Site Rules/Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones