• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ZForce suddenly stopped pairing ear buds, disconnects one connects other

Hello! I am hoping someone can help me here with this Bluetooth issue I am having. I have asked elsewhere to have no responses...

Started a 1-2 months ago my phone will not pair Bluetooth earbuds (the non-wired ones, requiring pairing of 2 devices at once). This worked as intended up until few months ago. Had no problems with these type of earbuds.

Now, when I try to get both connected. My phone won't allow both to stay connected. Instead it disconnects the recent connected device.

This is what happens basically -

- I go to connect my left earbud, connection successful.
- I then go to connect my right earbud. Device disconnected (left), device connected (right).
And that happens every time.

Sometimes when I have 1 side connected and go to connect the other side, my device goes: "Connected. Disconnected. Connected. Disconnected" a just a few seconds. When I try to connect it in settings, then the other side gets disconnected.

It doesn't matter if I connect right, then left. Or left, then right. Still happens.
I have tried different pairs of Bluetooth earbuds (different brands).
I have tried clearing the Bluetooth system cache settings.
I became desperate and even did a factory restart of my phone - still does it :-(

I have become super aggravated over this because I cant use my headphones as intended now.

I feel like this started around the time I added my Samsung gear fit 2 watch - I added this about a month ago. But I did try to remove it from my phone and disconnect it from BT. But no improvements. Plus, wouldn't the system wipe just have cleared that up anyways? So I am still stuck with the problem.

Again, any help is super greatly appreciated. I do not want to go to Verizon to get a replacement phone. I hate dealing with Verizon...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones