• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help zImage size on stock ICS SPH-D710 FL24

sivas2811

Lurker
Mar 12, 2014
I'm trying to install a custom zImage on SPH-D710 running ICS FL24.
The stock ROM (.tar.md5) that I downloaded from rwilco's repository
contains a zImage of around 8Mb size whereas when I download the source from opensource.samsung.com (FL24 version : SPH-D710_SPR_ICS_Opensource_Update1.zip) and compile the zImage manually, its size is only 4Mb approx. If I pack this zImage along with other relevant files (boot.bin, recovery.bin etc.) into a tar.md5 and flash the firmware with it (using mobile odin lite v4.00 ), it gets stuck in reboot loop. I'm not sure if size of the zImage is the problem here because I tried with a pure stock unmodified source compiled as well and it still gets stuck in a reboot loop. Can someone help me out? I'm new to android kernel development so I might be missing something very obvious here. However I did a lot of research on the web for this and could not find anything concrete. Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones