• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ZIP] MMS FIX FOR CM/AOSP/AOKP (THANKS wolfu)

So I'm trying to get this working on 4.2.1 and having issues. Anyone got it to work on any 4.2.1 ROMs?
What 4.2.1 ROM are you using? The Mms.apk app is likely to be different so krowley3 may have to make the same mods to that version that he made to the 4.1.x version.

I've attached the Mms.apk from the latest Evervolv 4.2.1 build for reference.

ramjet73

Attachments

• Mms.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
Reactions: Prinny
Upvote 0
ramjet, on evervolv, does that have a voice dialer option so I can say "open APNs?" I'm about to try something once i download it...
Glad you asked. ;)

I hadn't tried it before but just did and the Voice Dialer seems to hang on "Starting up...", but you should be able to achieve the same result by by editing the /system/etc/apns-conf.xml file, deleting the telephony.db and journal, and then rebooting.

I'll report the voice dialer issue in the Evervolv thread on XDA.

ramjet73

Upvote 0
In on evervolv now. MMS would be awesome!

Well, I kind of cheated. I took ramjets zip he posted earlier, took the apns-conf.xml out, put it into my evervolv zip. Then flashed it and my gapps. Then used ES File Explorer to navigate to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases and delete telephony.db and telephony.db-journal

By "it" I mean evervolv.

Upvote 0
Well, I kind of cheated. I took ramjets zip he posted earlier, took the apns-conf.xml out, put it into my evervolv zip. Then flashed it and my gapps. Then used ES File Explorer to navigate to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases and delete telephony.db and telephony.db-journal

By "it" I mean evervolv.

Can you post Your zip ?

Edit: and the gapps. from their download site don't work either.
Maybe I'll wait a bit before trying this lol.

Upvote 0

By "it" I mean evervolv.
I just posted that apns-conf.xml file over at XDA in the Evervolv thread and suggested replacing the default version after the ROM is installed, deleting the database and journal, then rebooting.

I guess that should work. ;)

ramjet73

Upvote 0
I'm not familiar with Evervolv, so I'm not going to say its my daily. I went back to MIUI for now.

Really, though, it was neat having 4.2.1 on my phone, even if it was for a few minutes.

Though, random question for anyone who's ran it before. Do we know if it has a theme chooser or anything of sorts? I like to theme my ROMs a lot...which is why AOKP/MIUI/etc is good for me.

Upvote 0
Idk wth I'm doing wrong but none of these fixes have worked for me. I'm running agrabens cm10 and can't receive SMS or MMS. Furthermore, I've been asking for help on this thread for 2 days and have yet to be responded to. I'm not complaining just saying, some direct intervention might be needed. Is it the gapps package I'm flashing? Wth is it that makes my MMS/SMS not work? I've done everything that's been listed here and have failed every single time. Please...for the love of freaking god...someone give me some direction. I really wanna stay on cm10 but if my issue can't be resolved, I'll have to go back to mobster rom.

Upvote 0
I'm not familiar with Evervolv, so I'm not going to say its my daily. I went back to MIUI for now.

Really, though, it was neat having 4.2.1 on my phone, even if it was for a few minutes.

Though, random question for anyone who's ran it before. Do we know if it has a theme chooser or anything of sorts? I like to theme my ROMs a lot...which is why AOKP/MIUI/etc is good for me.

Can you give a link to the MIUI you are using? Ive used MIUI on my moto triumph and I miss it dearly.

Upvote 0
Can you give a link to the MIUI you are using? Ive used MIUI on my moto triumph and I miss it dearly.

Its the one from DigitalHigh on XDA. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2047911

That one. There's a patch for the MMS as well for MIUI...Somewhere...not sure if its in the op or not. But you still need to add the APN in MIUI. Settings > Network > APN and just edit the sprint one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones