• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Zombie Apocalypse

Just because I read it the other day:

7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly) | Cracked.com

"Plus, if we look at zombies as a species, they are pretty much designed for failure. Their main form of reproduction is also their only source of food and their top predator. If they want to eat or reproduce, they have to go toe to toe with their number one predator every single time. That's like having to fight a lion every time you to want to have sex or make a sandwich. Actually, it's worse than that: Most top predators are only armed with teeth and claws, meaning they have to put themselves in harm's way to score a kill. Humans have rifles."

Also relevant:

5 Popular Zombie Survival Tactics (That Will Get You Killed) | Cracked.com

Upvote 0
The funny thing is that, that's what everyone would do.....and...its the worse thing you can do.

If we're talking crazy virus that infects people in mere seconds, moving is the last thing you wanna do. What you want to do is find a defense area and stay put, if everyone did this then the infectious disease won't spread as rapidly.

People running and moving around would spread the virus like wildfire. Set up a defense area and wait it out until the virus has died off.

Or at the very least, the surviving population has either killed as many zombies as they are going to, and/or the zombies have started congregating in cities in search of victims.

It will be a lot easier to move around through the countryside, when the zombies start congregating in cities.

Upvote 0
saw this, thought i'd put it here
98293a5.png

Upvote 0
In I Am Legend they were vampires. The book is much better than the movie, btw.

And as others said, 28 days/weeks they just had a rage virus and weren't actually zombies. Good movie though.

Listened to the audio book ( I am Legend ) it was excellant and loved the movie as well. I rather have the slow zombies after me than the rage virus infected people after me though.

Upvote 0
Thought I'd re-live this thread as well. After watching Sons of Guns, a reality show shot here in town I'd say if all my neighbors have all that firepower they show on that show, I'd just hang with them and probably be pretty safe. I can't believe some of the firearms some of the private citizens have around here.

Upvote 0
Thought I'd re-live this thread as well. After watching Sons of Guns, a reality show shot here in town I'd say if all my neighbors have all that firepower they show on that show, I'd just hang with them and probably be pretty safe. I can't believe some of the firearms some of the private citizens have around here.

Well, I mean.. you are from the South, so it shouldn't be all that surprising to you lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones