• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Zooming out in Gmail/by default in browsers?

ttorbes

Lurker
Nov 24, 2009
Hi all,

I'm new to Android and the forums. I hoping to get a little bit of help as I adjust to the new platform. I have two questions, both about zooming (out).

1. In the Gmail app, when I get an HTML email, I can't seem to zoom out. I've tried pinching and can't find anywhere in the settings that will allow me to set a preference for this. Ideally, I'd prefer HTML emails to open up so that they're fully zoomed out, and then I can zoom in where I want - but I'd settle for zooming out myself.

Also, in the browser, i'd like to have the same behavior on page load -- fully zoomed out. I've been using Dolphin browser and the default browser and I can't get it to do this.

Am I missing something, or are these not features of the Gmail app or the browsers.

Thanks,
tt

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones