• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZR3D ROM Behavior with Headphones Plugged In

jmadero

Sep 21, 2011
Hi All,

I'm running the ZR3D ROM and I love it but I get really funky behavior when I plug in headphones (or a portable speaker that I have). When I plug something in, one of two things happen:

1) My phone exits whatever music app I'm using (tested with quite a few) and proceeds to dial the last dialed number;

2) The google voice command thing appears as if I'm trying to give a command to the phone (in this case music continues to play but it continues to try to recognize what command is being given).

Anyone have a tip for preventing these things from happening? I'm actually turning my phone into a mini-client for my media center so I need to be able to plug in a speaker, hoping to not have to leave ZR3D because it comes with some unique benefits that I really like...

Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones