• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Zte Android Talks by itself

My phone suddenly started talking very fast and freaky , like silly voices , cartoon voices , and lasted about 15 seconds, ending with a kids voice saying "your mean to me"
Stranlgey enough , lSt week I got a call from police asking why I called 911 saying I was a 13 year old boy being beaten by his parents , I did no such thing and the police assured me that it came from my number . We looked on my phone and there es nothing in the history or usage , how is this possible and how can I stop it

The silly voices are probably coming from an app, so first look through your running apps and see if there's something there that looks suspicious. If you don't see anything, the next time it happens open your task manager and see if you can see any recently used apps that you didn't use.

If that doesn't turn up anything, then it might be some sort of adware that got pushed to your phone with a recent update. That one's going to be harder to find.

As for the 911 call, phone numbers (including caller ID) are easy enough to spoof. And, network glitches can sometimes redirect calls to the wrong party. Not much you can do to prevent it, but if it keeps happening, then I would definitely keep the police involved as it's illegal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones