• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Zte avid 4g root & mod guide

since activity is now at a good point i will be designing a all in one guide for the zte avid 4g

:D- OVERVIEW -:D
This Guide is designed to Teach the up and coming developers and Modders that have a ZTE AVID 4G how to modify and customize their devices.

It is also here to serve as a one stop shop for experienced Users who are looking for the correct files to edit or root their device.

Sections said:
Section 1:
Tools files and overview.

Section 2:
Custom Recovery and Root

Section3:
Finding and Installing Custom Roms

Section 4:
Re-Installing the Stock Rom and Recovery

Section 5:
CREDIT!
;)- TOOLS AND FILES -;)
-ZTE Avid 4g root (MetroPCS).zip (files to root phone).

ClockWorkMod / RECOVERY Files:
-CWM-based touch recovery
-TWRP Based recovery

Current Custom Roms For ZTE AVID 4G
-Cyanogenmod 10
-Raptured Rom
-SlimStock+
-ICSCUP

Stock Rom's, Recoveries and Kernels :
Roms:
-
Recoveries:
-

Un-Root Files:
-

Disclaimer said:
This guide is built to assist with developers and new users, in no way am i or any of the mentioned developers responsible for your device, follow the directions and nothing should go wrong
the information on this guide is set up to be corrected and edited frequintly so no links or files should be damaged, if any are please bring it to our attention and it will be resolved.

Custom Recovery and Root -
Description said:
This section of the guide will walk you through Installing a Custom Recovery and Rooting your device.

:eek:Tools and Files you will need /Windows / linux: :eek:
-ZTE Avid 4g root (MetroPCS).zip
-root_for_zte_avid.tar.bz2
-Command Prompt / Terminal
-Usb to android charger cable

2: Connect USB cable to your computer.

3: Download ZTE Avid 4g root (MetroPCS).zip -ZTE Avid 4g root (MetroPCS).zip and unzip.

4: Open a command prompt (Start+R) type "command".

5: From the command line, cd into the newly created directory and type root

6: While the phone reboots, be sure to hold the "Volume Down" button to boot back into FTM. If it begins to boot normally, pull the USB cable and power phone down to reattempt booting into FTM. Once you're back in FTM, plug the USB cable back in and the script should resume the process.

7: Once it's finished, let the phone boot into normal mode and verify root access. IE: use "Root Checker Basic".

Linux:
1. Download the file root_for_zte_avid.tar.bz2 to your computer and extract it.

2. Plug the phone in.

3. Find the file root-linux.sh, and Click on it.

4. Select Run In Terminal

5. Type your root password in the terminal

6. The script will guide you from there. Hold VOLUME DOWN through the whole process.

After rooting, if Superuser asks to update- select "Normal" install

Custom Recovery
:DRecovery installation guides are extensive, please follow these links to install a custom recovery: :D
-CWM-based touch recovery
-TWRP Based recovery

Upvote 0
;) - FINDING AND INSTALLING CUSTOM ROMS - ;)
Description said:
This Section Will teach you how to Install Custom Roms onto your Device.
1. Put the Rom you want onto your SD CARD!
Here's a list of Roms for the ZTE AVID 4G:
-Cyanogenmod 10
-Raptured Rom
-SlimStock+
-ICSCUP

2. Boot into Recovery.

3. Clear Dalvik Cache(in advanced).

4. Clear Cache.

5. select "install zip from sdcard".

6. Select "zip from sdcard".

7. Locate the Rom you wish to install onto your Avid and Select it.

8. Let the Recovery Do its Thing and Reboot your device

Your Done! enjoy your new Rom!:rock:

(note: ONLY INSTALL ROMS THAT YOU KNOW ARE BUILT FOR YOUR DEVICE!)
hacker.jpg

Upvote 0
:beerglass:CREDIT AND SUPPORT!:beerglass:​
Description said:
This section is to present everyone who made this thread AND these roms and tools possible! so say thank you!

Sepero
Totlth
Dadcup
AndroidDaytona
spanky0323
rbheromax
kcurtis106
Rapture81g
Dj_Android
NGD1

GO SAY THANK YOU FOR THIS AWESOMENESS!!!!!!
android_resources.png

Upvote 0
HELP: ok so I'm very new to rooting and have become obsessed with all rooting has to offer. I have installed SU, ROM manager, busy box and titanium backup. I followed the instructions on this thread and when I boot into recovery I selected the zip file and it says E: signature verifovation failed abort. Plus when I rebooted my phones had done the reset so now I had to reinstall my spa just to try n figure out how to figure out what I'd done wrong lol. IM sorry IM not very techy when it comes to these things Butch am determined and want to succeed. Plz help me...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones