• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Avid Vs LG Motion, which would you get?

Millions of products are made in china, so what? Do you think people in Korea and Taiwan get paid more than a few bucks a day?

I don't believe that routers article, all they are trying to do is to keep less players on our market. Apple had a similar security threat a few years back, and by the way I don't think you can buy an iPhone in Germany for exactly the same reasons as mentioned in the article. For some reason US does not look at Apple the same way.

It's pretty ignorant to compare Communist China with South Korea or Taiwan when it comes to working conditions. ZTE has refused to answer enough questions regarding it's relationship to the Chinese government that it's pretty clear it's a state funded or run company. WTH, you think that's a Chinese Starbucks job? Foxconn, that makes the IPuds, Isn't Government run. It has suicide nets on the side of the building to stop the swan diving workers from hitting the pavement. They have a waiting list years ahead of time for applicants. Wait lists Full of people at ZTE type government companies who are praying to Budda they can GET to the place with the suicide nets.

I'm a pretty stoic non-activist kind of guy but China's human rights atrocities at times peg the meter. So no, Hell No! China isn't the same as South Korea or Thailand.

By the way, you already lost the discussion anyway.

Everyone execpt apparently You knows The Internet Rules. Calling someone a Nazi is an automatic DQ. You even had to shoot twice at the same bird. :rolleyes:

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It's pretty ignorant to compare Communist China with South Korea or Taiwan when it comes to working conditions. ZTE has refused to answer enough questions regarding it's relationship to the Chinese government that it's pretty clear it's a state funded or run company. WTH, you think that's a Chinese Starbucks job? Foxconn, that makes the IPuds, Isn't Government run. It has suicide nets on the side of the building to stop the swan diving workers from hitting the pavement. They have a waiting list years ahead of time for applicants. Wait lists Full of people at ZTE type government companies who are praying to Budda they can GET to the place with the suicide nets.

I'm a pretty stoic non-activist kind of guy but China's human rights atrocities at times peg the meter. So no, Hell No! China isn't the same as South Korea or Thailand.

By the way, you already lost the discussion anyway.

Everyone execpt apparently You knows The Internet Rules. Calling someone a Nazi is an automatic DQ. You even had to shoot twice at the same bird. :rolleyes:

Bruce in Ocala, FL

First of all I'm not trying to win it, it's a conversation about a damn phone. You are an ignorant person, communism, government, etc. has nothing to do with the quality of the phone. That phone sucks and as I said I would not buy it.

Foxconn, that makes the IPuds, Isn't Government run. It has suicide nets on the side of the building to stop the swan diving workers from hitting the pavement.

They don't make iPods, they make components for various companies, including Microsoft. Have it ever come to your mind why they put the nets?

You are an uninformed person. You are making a conclusions only based on your prejudice. Just because China is a communism state it does not mean that they have any worse human rights than many other countries.

Everyone execpt apparently You knows The Internet Rules. Calling someone a Nazi is an automatic DQ. You even had to shoot twice at the same bird

"If you'll stop telling lies about me, I'll stop telling the truth about you."

Upvote 0
Let's be nice guys like mentioned before we are not discussing politics or anything along the lines. My only response to the matter in hand was the further investigation going on with zte and huawei. If you want to buy the zte that's great if not that's great too. So let's respect each others opinion and stick to the topic please thanks!

Upvote 0
How do I dislike posts??? ;)

Seriously guys, this thread is headed in the direction of being locked. Perhaps if the mods liberally deleted a few posts on this thread, then maybe it could get back on topic.

Seriously, I think ZTE Avid vs LG Motion 4G is a very worthy discussion if we can keep the politics out of it. :eek:
well if those damn communist stop controlling ZTE factories and improve some human right we can have a much better conversation about phones. :D

But as I said before, I would not buy ZTE phone, because its not worth the money. Also Im not going to buy ZTE because I dont know how reliable it is in long run.
My family has 3 lg motions, It took me 10 minutes to realize that it was worth buying for my whole family. I also own an LG TV, vacuum cleaner, and my ex phone. I was always pleased with reliability.

Upvote 0
Let's be nice guys like mentioned before we are not discussing politics or anything along the lines. My only response to the matter in hand was the further investigation going on with zte and huawei. If you want to buy the zte that's great if not that's great too. So let's respect each others opinion and stick to the topic please thanks!

I completely agree with you. Thats the reason why this post was moved.

Upvote 0
Zte Avid further specs: (Vellamo)

Board: Snapdragon elden
CPU: Dual-core, 1512MHz

Some minor features compared to the LG Motion:
Pros:
-Connect to PC Option
-Notification light (green/red)
-Talkback feature for those with poor vision(can be downloaded on the playstore on the lg motion)
-Long press to unlock

Cons:
-No Power Saver option
-No Batter Percent option
-Less options on the camers
-No Lockscreen wallpaper

Upvote 0
Even do that the 2 phones run a 1.5 Gz dual processor, the LG Motion is way faster, has way more memory, better colors in the screen, better battery life and so far I have owned the LG Motion for 2 weeks and I'm amazed with it, the screen even that has such low resolution the icons, internet pages and pictures look amazing on it, also the camera on the LG is extremely good and it also has digital zoom, auto-focus, continuous shutter and the "Say Cheese" shutter to take pictures when the phone heard you say Cheese. I'm not getting crazy 4G speeds but it still flies online, most I got was 7.7Mb down with 4.7Mb up, least was 3.4Mb down and 3.5 Up.

There is a video on Youtube ZTE Avid vs LG Motion on Antutu Benchmark, you will see clearly the differences on that video, LG scored 12K+ and ZTE 7K+ and the colors on the ZTE look extremely washed out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLpFUJoqf5k

I will go with the LG Motion or an S3, coming from the Admire this LG feels like a Tesla Roadster.

BTW the Flash Player doesn't come installed, but you can download it at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html Remember to go to your settings/security and check unknown sources in order to install apps that you didn't get from Google Play.
Good luck with your phone purchase :)

Upvote 0
For everyone's questions concerning the ZTE Avid 4G I have answers as I have one now as well as the LG Motion 4G and Samsung Galaxy S III! When compared to the Motion at the same price of $150 the Avid is truely a better device! Like the Motion and GS3 it does, in fact have, the Snapdragon S4 dual core processor with the Adreno 225 GPU NOT the Snapdragon S3 found in the ZTE Anthem! It does have 1GB's of ram NOT 512MB like whats going around! Also like the Motion, the advertised 1.2GHZ clock speed of the processor is wrong, the Avid is also clocked at 1.5GHZ which also matches the GS3! It does only have 2.5GB's of internal storage as opposed to the Motion's 5GB's BUT... and this is a BIG BUT, the Avid STILL HAS THE ADVANTAGE, because unlike the Motion (and even the GS3, although it has 16GB's of internal storage) it has APPS TO SD! On the Motion I could bearly fit two big games where as the Avid i can have up to 32GB's of storage for games which is even more than what you can even put on the GS3! It also has a 4" display over the Motion's tiny 3.5" screen! Has a pulse notification light like the GS3 and even has SRS sound enhancement and this thing seriously gets LOUD! Beats any HTC/Beats Audio phone with or without headphones hands down! Last but not least it runs STOCK VANILLA Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 like a Nexus device (would be better if it was Jelly Bean of course)! But all in all for $150 it's an amazing device that is better than the Motion in everyway and even has a couple of advantages over the mighty Galaxy S III!

There's a couple of videos on youtube showing the Avid against the Motion and even the Galaxy S III using both Antutu and Quadrant and the Avid beat both with both benchmark programs! Now I can see that against the Motion definitely but as for the GS3 (1GB ram vs. 2GB ram) I think the Avid winning those benchmarks have more to do with the fact that its running pure, stock, vanilla Android 4.0.4 vs. the Galaxy S III running Android 4.0.4 with Touchwiz/Nature!

Here's one using Quadrant with the Avid against the GS3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q8c-5kS99U

For the other one using Antutu or the 2 against the Motion using Quadrant and Antutu just click on this guys page: MurphysCellRepair
as all he does is review MetroPCS phones mostly!

Please keep in mind this little mini-review is based on devices being stock not rooted! I'm aware of GL TO SD on the play store but I'm also aware of the problems it has with Android 4.0+ and with games using the android/obb folder instead of the /data folder, problems that I'm sure are being worked on but as we know 95% of consumers don't root/jailbreak their devices! I love to customize myself but this is strictly about the stock devices as you would see on real review sites!

As I can tell you the most common misconception about the Avid is it's ram but it has more than the 512MB's that a lot of people are quoting! It does share the S4 like the Motion and GS3! It has apps to sd which neither of the other two have WITHOUT ROOT! That's up to 32GB's of app storage over the GS3's 16 and the Motions 5GB's... again we're talking about storage for BIG GAMES... MULTIPLE BIG GAMES! Pulse notification like the GS3! Bigger higher res screen than the Motion! Did I mention stock, pure, vanilla Android?

The fact that the Motion on Metro is actually subsidized by $100 at a price of $150, as Cricket sells the same phone for $250, makes the Avid an even better value again simple because its the one that should be priced at $250!

Reactions: Sepero
Upvote 0
@ portcitypetino
Hey thanks for the review. Most ppl here are probably gonna favor the Motion right now because it's been out longer and many of us already have it. I'm curious about the benchmarks you're talking about. There's a video listed earlier in the thread that shows the ZTE with lower benchmarks than the Motion. Do you have a video showing the opposite?

Also, that's great to hear ZTE has stock Android (which means it may get more updates too). Can you tell us if the ZTE has a locked boot loader?

Upvote 0
@ portcitypetino
Hey thanks for the review. Most ppl here are probably gonna favor the Motion right now because it's been out longer and many of us already have it. I'm curious about the benchmarks you're talking about. There's a video listed earlier in the thread that shows the ZTE with lower benchmarks than the Motion. Do you have a video showing the opposite?

Also, that's great to hear ZTE has stock Android (which means it may get more updates too). Can you tell us if the ZTE has a locked boot loader?

Here's one using Quadrant with the Avid against the GS3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q8c-5kS99U

For the other one using Antutu or the 2 against the Motion using Quadrant and Antutu just click on this guys page:

MurphysCellRepair

as all he does is review MetroPCS phones mostly!

Upvote 0
@portcitypetino
You posted just a few minutes before I could post this, but here goes.

There's a youtube user by the name MurphysCellRepair who has put up several video benchmarks of the ZTE. Warning, take his videos with a large gain of salt because he is VERY ignorant. When the ZTE reported a benchmark score of 1600 for memory, he thought that meant it was saying ZTE had 1.6GB of ram.

Also, you can't fairly use the "Total" scores for any device, because by default they all include I/O to the sdcard, and the sdcard speed often has nothing to do with the speed of the device.

So the videos on that channel do have some value, just ignore everything the guy says and skip to see the actual benchmark numbers. It appears that CPU and MEM are very equally matched on the Avid and Motion. I'm pretty sure the graphics gpu cannot be equally compared because they have different size screens (unless the display can be reduced to 320x480 on the Avid). If they have the same gpu (which I think they do), then the benchmarks probably don't matter anyway.

You can see SEVERAL benchmarks of the LG Motion 4G that I took by following this link:
http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/666362-pre-vs-post-update-benchmarks.html

There is also a non-benchmark quality to the ZTE that unfortunately can't be easily measured, and that is the poor quality of the screen. Although the bigger screen size will still make it worth it for many people.

PS.
For the record, the ZTE Avid is not faster than the Galaxy S 3

PPS.
It still hasn't been verified if the Avid has 1GB of ram. I would really like to see some evidence of this, because it would be very cool if it does.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones