• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Axon 7 System Update Best Practices

Mac5u

Lurker
Nov 28, 2017
Please recommend the best practice when attempting to do a system update in the Axon 7. My current version is A2017UV1.1.0B25I . The newest version to me is 0B32. I read somewhere that there are some recommended steps I should do prior to the update so want to get this right the first time.

Some background
I purchased a ZTE Axon 7 January 2017. I performed a system update in February and within 2-3 days of the update, the phone started doing a continuous re-boot. I called ZTE Customer Support (really great service there) and the tech attempted to help me stop the phone from re-booting but without success. The phone continued re-booting until the battery gave out.

I sent the phone back to ZTE for replacement. With the new phone in hand, I did not update the phone. Unfortunately, within a couple of months, I had problems connecting the charger to the phone. I sent that phone back for repair. It has now been about 4 months since I received it back. While the charger connection remains a bit dodgy - and if it gives out, I hope it is before the 1 yr purchase anniversary - the phone in all other aspects runs great. I am now ready to try the update but want to do it correctly.

I don't know if the problems I had with my first phone were a result of the update, my failure to take some precautions before doing the update, or was just a coincidence.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones