• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Blade Force v. Blu G5

First things first.

I dont know much about either device individually, but I do use ZTE devices.
From what I have seen as to issues with BLU, I would stick with ZTE.
The UI are friendly, nd the devices perform well.

As for the SD capabilities, anyone's guess as to 'why' is as good as any other.
My devices are all 32GB SD card capable, so I would be very happy to have 128GB.

2GB on board RAM is bad by today's standards- but that does not say much.
It is still within the specs of about 80% of the worldwide Android devices that are being used.
My devices are 2GB and 1GB.
I really don't have many issues with the 2GB, unless I am trying to play a game that taxes the memory.
That is very rare, as I tend to not play such games anyway.

One game that my 2GB devices have a bit of trouble with is Demolition Derby 3, and it is remedied well by turning down the graphics quality.
The game plays good, and the loss of graphics is not too noticeable during play.

As far as 'expanding' your nwmory with the SD ard, just don't do it- on any device.
It will improve performance to a point, a very small, shot lived point.
Your SD card will wear out very quickly, and any info (everything) on it will be lost forever, and the card will need to be replaced.

This happened to me after a couple of months.

MONTHS.

If you are using the device mostly for gaming, then I think you would be more happy with a more capable device.

As far as the cameras go, look that up online.
Then go see the products art a store and compare them together and to what you found online.

I have found large differences in specs between reality and online info.

Reactions: Rgarner
Upvote 0
Ok, I"m also considering the Moto e6 or 6e but I have virtually no info on it. I would rather have 32 than 16 gb, and though I agree about not trusting sd cards, I don't have the option of buying a terabyte + phone. I also want at leaat a fairly decent camera, and good resolution.

Upvote 0
Ok, I"m also considering the Moto e6 or 6e but I have virtually no info on it. I would rather have 32 than 16 gb, and though I agree about not trusting sd cards, I don't have the option of buying a terabyte + phone. I also want at leaat a fairly decent camera, and good resolution.

It really doesn't matter what device you get, you don't want to use an SD card as internal memory, even if only a portion is used for such.

The card will wear out extremely fast, and whatever is on it will be lost.

Using an SD card as external, however, is fine.
There are still a limited number of write cycles that a card can withstand, but a modern card of quality will have a tolerance of tens of thousands of cycles.

The only things you need internal memory for are the system, apps, data, and temporary files.

Any personal media should be placed onto the SD card.

So you do not need 'a terabyte phone', you only need one capable of handling the apps that you want.

This can mean deciding what apps you need, rather than want- but it can also improve the quality of your time spent with the device, as it will have what you need, rather than being packed full of junk you don't really use.

A great trick to save space is to use a great browser to access web sites, rather rhan having individual apps for sites that you frequent.

Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Gab, and most others all have sites that can be reached without the need for a spacehogging (and privacy thieving) app.
In fact Android Forums is just like that, and I have only ever used the site via my browser.

A great browser cannot be over emphasized, and no, I am not talking about Chrome (spit in disgust)!

There are some excellent open source browsers that are actually more fun than the apps that I replaced with them.

Try Lightning Browser.
Itbis the basis for my favorite browsers around, and you can easily see the difference between it and other browsers.

Lightning (Lightweight web browser) - https://f-droid.org/packages/acr.browser.lightning

Like I said, there are others that have used Lightning as a base for their own apps.

Smart Cookie Web is another one, that adds a few nice touches.

Right now, I am using IDM+, which combines Lightning with an unbeatable downloader.

So right there, I eliminated all my apps with websites, and all my downloaders (I had 5 at one point).
That freed up a huge amount of space on my devices.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones