1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

ZTE BLADE Z MAX

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ZMAX4EVER, Aug 15, 2017.

1. ZMAX4EVER

ZMAX4EVER Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 2, 2016
    Male

Advertisement

buathonghadchaiyapom likes this.
  2. ZMAX4EVER

None

Aug 2, 2016
    Male
  3. ZMAX4EVER

None

Aug 2, 2016
    Male
    Unboxing....

4. surgeman

surgeman Newbie
    None

Feb 17, 2013
    Not much of a difference from the Max Pro..

ZMAX4EVER likes this.
  5. ZMAX4EVER

None

Aug 2, 2016
    Male
    I picked mine up and I'm not very impressed.

The BLADE ZMAX camera SUCKS in low light. The ZMAX PRO camera is better in low light.

No "slow motion" option for video like on the PRO.

As far as the display, in my opinion the PRO has better color tones (the WHITE levels seem truer). Turn both phones to the same brightness and set them side by side and view a white page and black text. The display on the PRO is better.

When you download an image from Chrome, it doesn't appear in the GALLERY.

The text messaging app doesn't appear to be visually configurable (image backgrounds, changing colors, etc).

QuickCharge 2.0 doesn't seem to charge any faster than 1.0 on the PRO. Still seems to be 1% per minute. But the battery is larger, so I suppose it's a bit faster but it takes just as long for a full charge. I'll give the battery a good usage test tomorrow.

Speakers are a bit louder than the PRO, but not significantly. Still a let down.

Touchscreen does seem a bit more responsive on the BLADE.

UI TUNER is available when holding the settings "gear" for a while and releasing, but it doesn't look like we can remove the "MetroPCS" text from the status bar.

Overall, at this point, I'd say that I was wrong in suggesting it's worth the upgrade from the PRO. The updated OS is nice, but maybe they'll finally root the PRO and get that phone up to date.

I'll keep updating this info, but at this point I would not recommend PRO users upgrade (unless your phone is broken or having issues).

6. ZMAX4EVER

None

Aug 2, 2016
    Male
    Update: the blade does charge faster with a larger battery. I charged all the way to 100,% then put in heavy usage with a bright screen for 33 minutes and was down to 96%.

Battery seems pretty solid so far.

7. ZMAX4EVER

None

Aug 2, 2016
    Male
    Wow, I just tested video recording and the audio quality is absolutely HORRIBLE.

If someone is thinking of upgrading from the ZMAX PRO to the BLADE Z MAX because of the camera, I would strongly suggest that you think twice.

8. ZMAX4EVER

None

Aug 2, 2016
    Male
    It looks like ZTE installed the FM RADIO app on the phone even though there isn't FM RADIO capability. So, you have an app on the phone that you can't remove, can't disable, and can't be used. But, it looks like it drains the battery slightly and uses memory.

ZMAX PRO has a fully working FM RADIO. ZTE BLADE Z MAX appears to not support that option.

9. TrilbyBoy

TrilbyBoy Newbie
    None

Sep 25, 2016
    Male
    Interesting how downgraded this phone is in that respect. I was thinking of upgrade my Zmax pro since I had accidentaly cracked the screen a few months back. The larger battery would've been nice given how much mine's been draining a lot lately. Sticking the FM Radio app on there when it's not support is rather idiotic. It's like some miscommunication occurred somewhere during development on this. I will say sticking the headphone jack on the bottom was an odd placement since I tend to want to have it on top as I have my phone in my pocket while I use ear buds.