1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Zte Concord2 Stock ROMs: Unmodified, Deodexed & Debloated

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bcrichster, Sep 15, 2015.

1. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator
    Moderator Thread Starter

Zte Concord2 (Z730)
    Metro PCs / T-Mobile
    OS JB 4.3

Warning! Anything you do with your own phone while Rooted runs the risk of bricking your device.. including flashing this ROM or other ROMS. You do this all at your own risk. Therefore I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE for bricking your device! Please make a Nandroid backup before flashing!!

Unmodified (No Root) - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347816357

Deodexed Only (Rooted) - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347816356

Deodexed Debloated - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347816325

CREDITS:
    - @SuperR for giving me the tools and direction to try this project
    - @The-Truth for uploading the needed files, and testing

* If you like the work, hit thanks in the OP! *

#1 bcrichster, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  2. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator
    Moderator Thread Starter

3. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator
    Moderator Thread Starter

4. DaRkSkYxP

DaRkSkYxP Android Enthusiast

So far everything is running good with the bloat ware removed rom with the init.d support. Was wondering if maybe you can adapt this to our phone. http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/rerun-root-write-protection-removal-t3118019 I really want to be able to install tweaks and sound mods but most fail on our phone because of the system rw issue. Good job and thanks for what you have done already. Saves me all the manual adb commands to remove the bloat ware.

The-Truth and bcrichster like this.
  5. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator
    Moderator Thread Starter

"Not sure" - official statement. But I will read up on it! Ty-

6. crono209

crono209 Newbie

Will this work with metro pcs?

7. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator
    Moderator Thread Starter

Not sure & no guarantees being as this is a Virgin Mobile CDMA ROM and Metro pcs don't use CDMA devices.. I wouldn't try it, but that's just me.

The-Truth likes this.
  8. crono209

crono209 Newbie

I use my concord2 to catch Wifi only. Maybe I'll give it a try when i have some free time n see if it boots up.

9. michaelc5047

michaelc5047 Lurker

This ROM works fine on a T-Mobile Concord 2, for the record. It booted and was branded as a MetroPCS phone, but still worked. Thanks for sharing these ROMs with us!

Airfluff, crono209 and bcrichster like this.
  10. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator
    Moderator Thread Starter

Great to know, thanks for reporting back! Now more ppl can make use of it as well. Excellent!

11. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator
    Moderator Thread Starter

12. sst

sst Lurker

I've been running your deodexed debloated rom for almost a week now and it's been great. Thanks!
    I only have one request, can this be made further debloated? Being a T-Mobile customer, the Metro apps that are popping up drive me nuts. The only one that is usable is Visual Voicemail.

bcrichster likes this.
  13. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator
    Moderator Thread Starter

Try the J011y Xper!ment ROM.
    http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/7093067
    It IS further debloated and some app change outs plus a few scripts to give it a kick. If you ARE running that ROM then I'll need more info as to what else needs removed.

14. sst

sst Lurker

I did try that rom for a bit but still had a lot of the same Metro apps on it, didn't seem to smooth out after installation like this stock one did. And I'm not a fan of the darkhorse themes.

The apps that need to be removed are:
    Metro411
    MetroMUSIC
    metroZONE
    myMetro
    Total Protection( noticed that was removed from Jo11y Xper!ment rom)

bcrichster likes this.
  15. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator
    Moderator Thread Starter

OK, thank you for the info. Will look into it again soon as I get a new PC (actually died as of last night).

sst likes this.
  16. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator
    Moderator Thread Starter

OK guys, back with another PC and gonna work on a few things that was brought to my attention earlier this month as well as another ROM that @The-Truth and I started before the PC gave out.. Hope you like what were trying to do!

The-Truth and Airfluff like this.
  17. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator
    Moderator Thread Starter

Ppl still using the Concord 2? Lemme know so I don't waste time on a project no one will use after completion

The-Truth and Airfluff like this.
  18. The-Truth

The-Truth Android Expert

Wish I still had my concord liein around still for this reason bcrichster. Picking somthin new up soon maybe we can gain a bigger community with some different devices idk. But great work on everything you've done for the concord 2 thus far. Premo stuff man.

bcrichster likes this.
  19. Error420

Error420 Newbie

I was messing around with this phone. I debloated my system. I also swapped out some of the apk's in /system/app with updated ones to avoid duplicates after update. Maps and google keyboard kept crashing so I swapped em back out with stock. I installed the exposed framework into /system/app and can do some cool things now like add recovery option to shutdown menu, which I have working. Guess I should look into deoxed and the init.d thing.

bcrichster likes this.
  20. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator
    Moderator Thread Starter

My J011y Xp3r!ment has deodexed w/ init.d stuff.. Maybe give ya a headstart to What'cha want/Need.. Link is a few post above this one...

The-Truth likes this.
  21. Error420

Error420 Newbie

I'll try it out after I do a backup.

22. Error420

Error420 Newbie

I tried that ROM and lost xposed framework, and I noticed bloatware that still needs removed, I'll also look at system app updates, but its running fine and looks like good work

The-Truth and bcrichster like this.
  23. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator
    Moderator Thread Starter

Hmm.. OK then, I'll get back on that tonight and post a new one soon. BTW, just install Xposed Installer framework like a regular app & reboot. Lemme know if it helps

The-Truth likes this.
  24. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator
    Moderator Thread Starter

Deleted

#24 bcrichster, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    Airfluff and The-Truth like this.
  25. The-Truth

The-Truth Android Expert

I'm thinkin I had to install Xposed through recovery. Pretty sure there's an option directly through Xposed which allows this "manipulation" if you will. Try install through recovery option if installing like a regular apk doesn't work for any of you due to the system read only ordeal. I know I was using xposed perfectly fine when I had this device and ran Jo11y Xper!ment [emoji6]

bcrichster likes this.

ZTE Concord 2 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews