1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Zte dropping service

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zte loser, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Zte loser

Zte loser Newbie
    None

Sep 3, 2017
    Hey guys I just got my zte zmax pro and brought it home every time I lay my phone down it drops service and won't pick it back up till I power off or put my phone in airplane mode anyone else having this problem if so what can I do to fix it cause it's driving me nuts by the way it's metro pcs and the cover maps showed 4g LTE were I live so idk

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    Contact Metro and tell them the issues, I had horrible service with them in my area to the point I couldn't put a call to 911 without it dropping.
    I ended up going with Cricket wireless and never looked back.

3. Zte loser

Zte loser Newbie
    None

Sep 3, 2017
    Yea I had cricket and switched to metro pcs had good service with cricket just wanted to do the unlimited for 50 bucks on metro wishing I didn't now...and yea I did call them they filled a clam on it and said they would call me back in 3/5 days..it's horrible so when my plan is up I guess I'll switch back to cricket thanks for the reply

MemesandDreams likes this.
  4. Spec2nirvash

VIP Member

Jul 19, 2011
    MA
    That was a problem I had with my Zmax Pro when I bought it new. It was running the original B08 firmware, and constantly lost service until reboot/airplane mode toggle. When an OTA update to B12 firmware came along, that ultimately fixed it.
    Check under settings> about phone> system updates. Make sure WiFi is turned on and check for updates. If system is up to date, may wanna look into a warranty repair. It's not the network dropping out on you, it's the phone dropping it because of software issues. Trust me, a few of us here can vouch for it.

RootBeerGuy and Zte loser like this.
  5. Zte loser

Zte loser Newbie
    None

Sep 3, 2017
    This is the screen shot from my phone says I'm up to date

Attached Files:

6. Spec2nirvash

VIP Member

Jul 19, 2011
    MA
    Couple of questions.. Did you buy the phone new from MetroPCS or buy second hand, and did you allow an update to take place or is that how you received it?
    That is definitely the newest firmware but unfortunately ZTE has managed to make a huge mess out of firmware updates with the Zmax Pro... And hate to say it, there is no way to roll back new firmware, so you're stuck with it. That's why I hope you bought it new from MetroPCS?
    I know TMobile still sells them, but I'm not sure if Metro still does, I think they're selling the Zmax Pro Blade now...

7. Spec2nirvash

VIP Member

Jul 19, 2011
    MA
    Hopefully you can trade it for another. Aside from network connectivity issues with some firmware it really is a good phone. Or maybe you can contact ZTE for a free fix on it, they are well aware of these issues.

8. Zte loser

Zte loser Newbie
    None

Sep 3, 2017
    Yea I bought it new at metro pcsbut I didn't buy the insurance on the phone would that matter at this state

9. Spec2nirvash

VIP Member

Jul 19, 2011
    MA
    If you just recently, like days, maybe couple of weeks bought it new from them, bring it back ASAP. MetroPCS is usually pretty good about exchanges with defective phones, as long as you bought it from a corporate store, not a auth dealer or mall kiosk. Regardless of insurance, new phone = 1 year warranty. ZTE HAS to fix it!
    Don't wait, bring that phone back to them, and make absolutely sure the service is knocked out. This is VERY important: Don't reboot it or toggle airplane mode before walking in the door. If the customer service rep can't make a call with it, they'll likely swap it out right there. If it works for them, they're just gonna send you off.
    Let us know how it goes!

10. Spec2nirvash

VIP Member

Jul 19, 2011
    MA
    One more thing:
    If you do end up getting a replacement phone that works fine and has no issues, DO NOT accept or allow another system update. EVER. When an update becomes available, you're gonna keep getting notified. There is a way to kill off the persistent update notification, send me a PM and I'll walk you through it.
    Good luck!

RootBeerGuy and Zte loser like this.
  11. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Jun 7, 2010
    Male
    USA
    Just to be sure, Is your wifi calling on? If so, turn it off because that is a problem on other phones and the best thing is to keep it off

RootBeerGuy likes this.
  12. kenley13

kenley13 Lurker
    None

May 16, 2017
    Mon camera est bloque que puis-je faire sil vous-plait

13. Zte loser

Zte loser Newbie
    None

Sep 3, 2017
    No the wifi calling is off

tube517 likes this.