• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE Force T-mobile Free Sim???

Here is my story. Up until mid Dec. I was on Revol Wireless (Unlimited Everything 3g less than $50./mo) They even included "Smart Phone Hot Spot" up to 5 deccies, in that package. Unlimited Roaming included Data again for $47.55/mo As luck would have it, they went out of business Dec 16th and directed me to Boost Mobile. So I got the Force 4g but they did NOT allow 'Smart Phone Hot Spot" and 2.5g 4g limit then throttled to 3g

I am using Pdanet to tether to my laptop. (I do a lot of remote computing)

I just saw that T-Mobile is offering BYOP and get Free Sim change and they offer a Full unlimited 24/7 4g plan for $70/mo.

The person I spoke with at T-mobile said the ZTE-Force has to be "Unlocked" for them to change the SIM (ZTE Force has single 25x15 Sim slot) They said because this phone was contracted to Sprint it was not yet on their list of compatible phones and they did not know if they could do it.

Does anyone in here know if the Boost Force can be unlocked??

It's not a matter of unlocking, it's a matter of different technologies. Boost is CDMA, TMobile is GSM. A CDMA phone won't work on a GSM network, no matter what you do (except remove everything inside the case and replace it wih a GSM phone's insides).

(It's also a matter of TMobile hiring untrained sales people and not training them.)

It's like "how do I modify my boat to drive on concrete roads?" Unless you can turn concrete into water - you can't.

Reactions: donjuro
Upvote 0
It's not a matter of unlocking, it's a matter of different technologies. Boost is CDMA, TMobile is GSM. A CDMA phone won't work on a GSM network, no matter what you do (except remove everything inside the case and replace it wih a GSM phone's insides).

(It's also a matter of TMobile hiring untrained sales people and not training them.)

It's like "how do I modify my boat to drive on concrete roads?" Unless you can turn concrete into water - you can't.

How about Bionic and Rezound? It is not about CDMA to GSM, but the LTE side.
ESN/MEID for CDMA.
IMEI for GSM/LTE.

Upvote 0
ok... let me reword it to avoid confusion
would an lte card from a gsm carrier work on a cdma carriers phone, its possible, would an lte card from another carrier work on a phone where you cant replace the sim card because its soldered to the board? no
this phone has no removable card, you can try the warp 4g, it has a removable card, but this phone cant have its card replaced unless you wanna tear it apart remove the hard wired one, and resolder one in

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones