1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ZTE Grand X Max (z787)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Krsmqn, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Krsmqn

Krsmqn Member

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the ZTE Grand X Max and of course the first thing I did was look for a root method. No luck. So, I wanted to start a support thread for this device and hopefully get root, cwm/twrp and all the goodies that come with root.

Please feel free to reply and maybe together we can make this phone great. I will monitor and update this thread with the latest news involving this device.

[​IMG]
    :rolleyes:

Specs: Click here.

2. SheetWeasel

SheetWeasel Lurker

Don't know the rules here as far as posting external links are concerned but I think I might be on to something. I think it's a rooting guide in Chinese. If anyone can read such things maybe give it a look. jingyan.baidu.com/article/4f34706ed38510e387b56d35.html
    (I'm new here so forgive me if I screwed up this post, but I too shall watch this space)[​IMG]:rolleyes:

3. Azukikan

Azukikan Lurker

Hey i also want to know if there is any rooting methods available yet.

4. Krsmqn

Krsmqn Member

I checked that link @SheetWeasel posted, chrome translated it fine and the link below is the program it refers to.

Try this site: http://www.7to.cn/

I'm not 100% sure that this will work for the grand x max though. Someone will have to try this because I don't have a windows computer and I doubt this is compatible
    with linux.

Good luck!

5. Azukikan

Azukikan Lurker

I checked the website out and looked at the supported models but the grand x max is not listed.

6. Krsmqn

Krsmqn Member

Try root genius

7. Azukikan

Azukikan Lurker

I tried root genius and it did not work. I also tried kongo root, framaroot, towel root,srs root, oneclickroot and not one worked.