• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE Max Stock B05 4.1.2 Deodexed and Unmodified

Downloading with a friends phone, at 40%. Mite take awhile haha but i will be back with results shortly :) thankyou SuperR for such quick results and posts!

Edit: wiped everything then installed, still hung on logo :/

Bummer. Did you wait a few minutes to make sure it is not just a normal looong first boot?

edit: I am uploading a full stock rooted rom. It is not deodexed or debloated, so the file size is much larger. I need to know if it's not booting because of something i removed or if the deodexing is causing issues.

Upvote 0
So far so good, booted up nicely (testing deodexed rom). So far the only thing iv noticed is the iconics "smart viewer" feature not working. (Holding back for 2 seconds). Very nice work!

I probably removed the apk that makes it work. Here is a list of the apks I removed.
Books.apk
BoostZone.apk
ChromeWithBrowser.apk
ConnectionsOptimizer.apk
Magazines.apk
moffice.apk
Music2.apk
PhotoEditor.apk
PlayGames.apk
PlusOne.apk
SmartBar.apk
SmartDeviceManager.apk
SprintID.apk
SprintInstaller.apk
Swype.apk
talkback.apk
Timer.apk
Toolbar.apk
TouchPal.apk
Videos.apk
WeatherClock.apk
WiFiShare.apk
WorldTime.apk
YouTube.apk
ZteNote.apk
I am happy to put some back. Since I don't have this device I was not sure which ones. I am guessing SmartBar.apk may fix the issue you are speaking of.

Try flashing this and see if the problem goes away.
Flashable_SmartBar.apk.zip

Reactions: Odin89
Upvote 0
lol, you might be right about the theard on.being on.a subject about zte and i noticed that there is a zte section here but what i meant was a follow-up on this thread concerning

Originally Posted by Odin89
So far so good, booted up nicely (testing deodexed rom). So far the only thing iv noticed is the iconics "smart viewer" feature not working. (Holding back for 2 seconds). Very nice work!

and i got curious on your thread and the fixes for the smart view for the boost max and i.was having the same issues with smart view option for the boost max but on the warp 4g because i copied all the boost max system/apps directory to my boost warp4g system/apps by accident and some apk didn't work but most of zte add-ons apps from the max did work on the warp 4g and my warp4g is acting like a boost max. it just this theard help me out and thank you for your time :)

Upvote 0
well so far heres a list of boost max app that worked and its not offered on the boost warp4g :

ZteNotes
Zte_DLNA_fullshare (better then boost warp4g tonky)
moffice

Same apps:
most of the default google apps and android apps so far

Apps that seams that didnt or partialy work or no had acess to them (maybe lacked the lib files):

Toolbar (partial?)
smartbar (?)
Dolby (nope)
Dolby DS (?)
Fcctest (warp4g didnt have this app)

im still figuring the slight difference? maybe its a wee bit more...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones