• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE Max Stock B05 4.1.2 Deodexed and Unmodified

Hello all, first off I would like to say thank you to SuperR, I have stalked your most your work silently and have grown from newb to jr. developer now in college for comp science, and the other developers that have contributed to any and all articles that I have read. Okay, now to the point now has anyone figured out or had problems with USB OTG I have tried many things except for scripting, it supposedly has 1.3 OTG capabilities. Any and all feedback and/or questions are held in high regard. Thank you all I greatly appreciate everything.

Upvote 0
Hello all, first off I would like to say thank you to SuperR, I have stalked your most your work silently and have grown from newb to jr. developer now in college for comp science, and the other developers that have contributed to any and all articles that I have read. Okay, now to the point now has anyone figured out or had problems with USB OTG I have tried many things except for scripting, it supposedly has 1.3 OTG capabilities. Any and all feedback and/or questions are held in high regard. Thank you all I greatly appreciate everything.
I believe it requires an external power supply to even attempt to work on zte devices and also a kernel edit

Reactions: paulgordan87
Upvote 0

hello everyone some info on another option to root is saferoot for the s4 i have used it many times with no complications...
but now i accidentally flashed the wrong kernel and have brought my os back using SuperR's unbrick tool but now my dpi is at 0 or something because my screen will not emulate i do know the phone boots as i am emulating the screen via adb i'm running a stock rom with root and philz touch recovery but i can not see the screen in the recovery either if anyone has any input it would greatly help
right now i am going to flash the stock recovery and back to philz i will update

and thanks SuperR you do great work

Upvote 0
hello everyone some info on another option to root is saferoot for the s4 i have used it many times with no complications...
but now i accidentally flashed the wrong kernel and have brought my os back using SuperR's unbrick tool but now my dpi is at 0 or something because my screen will not emulate i do know the phone boots as i am emulating the screen via adb i'm running a stock rom with root and philz touch recovery but i can not see the screen in the recovery either if anyone has any input it would greatly help
right now i am going to flash the stock recovery and back to philz i will update

and thanks SuperR you do great work

The unbrick tool does not restore the OS, only recovery. I think flashing the stock ROM again may fix your problem.

Upvote 0
new deodexed rom posted in OP. I think this one will work :)
you guys have anything that can fix the SPC code or have a way to read it or write it I have tried a fwe ways and have had no luck with any of this and I am a little frustrated. anyone with any ideas on how to get the SPC code let me know because I can not get this device in diag mode with out it, this is a nightmare.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones