• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

zte merit has 4 bars but I cant make calls

popsmoto1

Lurker
Jul 22, 2013
I have a merit that used to work just fine. Now (when it works) it just drops calls even though I have a good signal. Most of the time I cant even make a call even though I have a strong signal the thing just says dialing and then call ended. Sometimes it just starts calling the last number, on it's own, and then hangs up and redials again doing this 2-3 times in a row. I spoke with Straight talk but can not afford to be without a phone for two weeks while I send mine in and wait for processing and shipment of the new phone. I have done a hard reset and still the same problem. Any ideas Mr. ZTE rep?

I have a merit that used to work just fine. Now (when it works) it just drops calls even though I have a good signal. Most of the time I cant even make a call even though I have a strong signal the thing just says dialing and then call ended. Sometimes it just starts calling the last number, on it's own, and then hangs up and redials again doing this 2-3 times in a row. I spoke with Straight talk but can not afford to be without a phone for two weeks while I send mine in and wait for processing and shipment of the new phone. I have done a hard reset and still the same problem. Any ideas Mr. ZTE rep?
Hi I think your going to get more/better responses from other users with your phone so I can move this to the Merit section if you like:)

Reactions: popsmoto1
Upvote 0
try reset phone, then you may have to edit the apn settings . You could try new sim card. I still have my st merit as a spare with a net10/att sim in it for sale, with 3 covers. $50 complete.
You cant get st/att sim cards anymore and phone is locked, so tmobile wont work for 3g even if unlocked due to band used.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the offer. I will keep that in mind. Have done many resets but, after the one on the phone w/ ST my phone is locked into a time zone 4 hrs later than me. I live in Alaska but my phone thinks I am on the East coast. what could editing the apn settings do and how do I do that? I would appreciate any help! Thank you

Upvote 0
Thanks for the offer. I will keep that in mind. Have done many resets but, after the one on the phone w/ ST my phone is locked into a time zone 4 hrs later than me. I live in Alaska but my phone thinks I am on the East coast. what could editing the apn settings do and how do I do that? I would appreciate any help! Thank you

you can go into settings, uncheck use network settings under time and then change the time zone before you re-lock it again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones