1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

ZTE Merit- memory and other issues with my phone.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Arkmmafan, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Arkmmafan

Arkmmafan New Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Jackalope Wrangler
    Darkansas
    Hello, I recently bought the ZTE Merit, and have had problems with it since day one of purchase.

1- why does this phone only come with 128 mb of internal memory?, and is there anyway to increase this?. before asking the answer is "Yes", I have moved all apps that can be moved to my 15gig SD card. And I cant understand for the life of me why, some apps such as: Facebook, Kindle, etc, cant be moved to my SD card?

2- there is a mysterious "Black Hole" on one of my home screens, a place where if an icon is moved there is disappears.

3- I get over and over "400 bad connectivity" error message, all day.

4- Apps locking up on a regular basis, and me having to shut down my phone just to get back to normal.

I have contacted Straight Talk about my first issue, #1, and of course all I get are Indians from where ever, that I have a difficult time understanding, and when I explain simple things to them, they seem to not understand me.

Their solution is for me to send my phone back to straight talk, after doing my own research, I can guarantee this will not solve my problem after them sending me a new phone. I will continue to get the same error messages. I'm kinda frustrated and cant afford another phone.

Advertisement

2. Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Student, Clearfield Job Corps, Diesel program
    Pasco, WA
    It only has 128mb because the Chinese suck. To fix that, you have to root and delete some stock apps, as well as wipe the dalvik-cache. Come down into the AT&T Avail section for more help.