• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Mimosa Mini [Root]

akutasame94

Jan 11, 2013
So, I opened topic in other android phones and was suggested to come here...

http://androidforums.com/other-phones-android-non-android/685574-impossible-root.html

Device Name:Mimosa Mini/Telenor Touch Mini (Other name is v857)
Android Version: 2.3.5
Manufactuer: ZTE
Carrier: Telenor

Other things you asked for I would give you, but I am not sure where to get those. So please instead of closing this thread point me to right direction and tell me where to get that info.

Also I can provide you with SuperOneClick logs, as I said in topic opened in other phones

SuperOneCLick starts, then it stops on shell root access (so it recognizes the phone and debugging mode), which is step 7 I think

Logs: ZTE.zip download - 2shared

Build.prop (will provide if I manage to find it)

CPU - will provide info, just need to retype it (info from android system info application)

As for

adb shell mount
adb shell cat /proc

I really don't know what this is and where to find it, if you could help me there I would be most grateful...

Tried backdoor, says sync_agent not found.

More info about the phone:

Mozzila/5.0 (Linux;Android 2.3.5; en-us; Telenor Touch Mini build/GRJ90)Apple WebKit/533.1 (KHTNC, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

Android ID: fdd959ca4c6a88d

Build Info

Release codename: REL
API level: 10
CPU ABI: armeabi
Manufacturer: unknown
bootloader: unknown
CPU ABI2: UNKNOWN
Hardware: MT6573
Radio: Unknown
Board: ztenj73_gb
Brand: ZTE
Device: ztenj73_gb
ID: GRJ90
Type: user
User: jianxiaowei

CPU

ARMv6 compatible processir rev 7 (v6l)

BOGO MIPS 668.46
CPU implementer 0x41
Revision 65fb8a00
Serial 0x15
CPU variant 0x0
CPU port 0x576
CPU revision 7

And if you could help me find build.prop and explain how to get it I will upload it and provide you with it.

Upvote 0
Ok, I understand, but there is one thing that is bothering me. There are other phones here in my country that are sold with 2.3.5 or 2.3.6 OS, and they are quite easy too root, either via SuperOneClick, unlock root or some other way. Those are mostly Huawei,Alcatel and ZTE phones:

Huawei G300
Alcatel OT995 is sold with 2.3 version (And I doubt it's 2.3 4)

Upvote 0
the huawei uses its bootloader to load a custom recovery, can you get into fastboot mode? if so then i could attempt to try and make one but since zte makes kernel source absmally crappy and very rarely compiles i doubt it would do any good :/

what most people dont realize is that superoneclick is just a pretty program to run other exploits. the alcatel you have to download teh exploit for it and put it in the right folder. making the exploit is the hard part, with the big ones not working so well on your device it means that one for your phone would need to be found

you could always try some other exploits for other zte devices like this one :) http://androidforums.com/avid-4g-al...successfully-rooted-zte-avid-4g-metropcs.html and hope it works

Upvote 0
How do you enter fastboot? :p When I push power + volume up I get yellow triangle with exclamation point, then I push home button and it shows menu with wipe, clear flash, reboot (or boot phone sth like that) and other options. I've been told that it is called recovery mode (fabric). Will try the method from above too...

Edit

Accurate information

Volume up + power

Android recovery mode

Reboot system now
Apply update from SD
Wipe data/ factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Backup user data
Restore user data

home+volume down+power (works without home too)

Factory mode

Full test
Item test
Test report
Clear flash
Reboot

Upvote 0
Going to try now, just got home, also I download SDK-Tools (archive, only 700kb), but I have no idea what to do with that. I've been told it might help in finding solution.

EDIT:

It just says daemon started successfully and then nothing happens... FTM is factory mode I guess...

No it's field test mode, which I don't know how to enter xD

I only have factory and recovery mode

EDIT 2:

I decided to give up, it's simply impossible... If I had necessary knowledge to find exploits myself or to try methods, then mix them up, just to do it I would try...

Not to mention drivers are impossible to find, even those from ZTE Support don't help. In Device Manager it says unknown device>MT65xxx

And before that I had android device and Android Composite ADB Interface which I can't remember where i downloaded...

PsfLZKO.jpg

If you have any ideas, do tell, I will try, tho I doubt anything will work.

Upvote 0
that picture is the adb backup root, its for ics only

This was suggested by a member on our forum (since you are quite famous on xda, and he is also there, you might have ran into him, PAGZLY is his username).

I posted the picture because of what is written in device manager. I no longer have android phone and this adb driver. And I can't remember where I downloaded this ADB driver.

Again, I tried, I've been trying for past month and I was unable to root it. I simply have no idea what else to try. So I'll leave this topic here in hope that someone will find a way.

I would even send you a money so you could buy the phone and experiment, but unfortunately I am not able to do so, as my financial status is not that great (preparing for college, paying for preparation classes and so on) which is the main reason I actually bought the phone (low-end, accessible and cheap phone)

Upvote 0
This was suggested by a member on our forum (since you are quite famous on xda, and he is also there, you might have ran into him, PAGZLY is his username).

I posted the picture because of what is written in device manager. I no longer have android phone and this adb driver. And I can't remember where I downloaded this ADB driver.

Again, I tried, I've been trying for past month and I was unable to root it. I simply have no idea what else to try. So I'll leave this topic here in hope that someone will find a way.

I would even send you a money so you could buy the phone and experiment, but unfortunately I am not able to do so, as my financial status is not that great (preparing for college, paying for preparation classes and so on) which is the main reason I actually bought the phone (low-end, accessible and cheap phone)

never heard of him, me having the device unfortunately wouldnt do anything anyways.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones