• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Mimosa Mini [Root]

an italian guy managed to root this phone once and had just one lucky shot, after that he couldn't do it again...anyway i contacted him on xda developers and he gave me this log when he got root * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 * * daemon started successfu - Pastebin.com
also he linked me internal partitions he extracted when he managed to get root

boot.img
dsp_bl.img
uboot.img
system.rar
secstatic.img
seccnfg.img
recovery.img
preloader.img
nvram.img
misc.img
logo.img
expdb.img

Upvote 0
Well tried typing in the commands but it fails at third command. I get three + and one -

The thing is he dev_attr_ro symbol not found. Also I noticed when I enter second command nothing happens, I mean really nothing. It just passes to next row and waits for next command, that might be the problem.

The command in question is this one

adb shell "chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/levitator"

Upvote 0
an italian guy managed to root this phone once and had just one lucky shot, after that he couldn't do it again...anyway i contacted him on xda developers and he gave me this log when he got root * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 * * daemon started successfu - Pastebin.com
also he linked me internal partitions he extracted when he managed to get root

boot.img
dsp_bl.img
uboot.img
system.rar
secstatic.img
seccnfg.img
recovery.img
preloader.img
nvram.img
misc.img
logo.img
expdb.img

I am no expert, but the log you linked to looks fairly similar to my unsuccessful attempt to root this phone...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i know less than you about rooting lol but i hope this could be useful for shabby..oh also this guy rooted with superoneclick and used this program gs3 http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...6&d=1343180117 he did something with this and then launched root

This looks like something for Galaxy S3...

Tho I really don't believe he managed to root this phone, since we would be able to use the same method. Also models in Italia and in Serbia are not the same build, I am quite sure. Tho people from all over the world have the problem in rooting this phone.

I even read Spanish just to root this phone, following the procedure for v856, but it doesn't work, and even on v856 there are problems after rooting.

Upvote 0
what do you mean. didnt you do this before? i figured thats what the quote was from

No :D I even left you the link where I found this :D Here it is again :D

http://jon.oberheide.org/files/levitator.c

The reason I left you the link was because of this note:

Notes:
* The vulnerability affects Android devices with the PowerVR SGX chipset
* which includes popular models like the Nexus S and Galaxy S series. The
* vulnerability was patched in the Android 2.3.6 OTA update.

That might be the reason why levitator doesn't work :) I thought you had seen it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
No need to apologize, it's not your responsibility nor obligation to root this phone. You already did a hell lot for us. And for that I am most grateful. Anyway, my USB part in the phone (whatever it is called in English xD) just fell off for the third time, and this time I am not going to wait 20 days for them to repair ir (third time) so I am going to make them give me a new phone. If I do that again it will be 60 days and even more since first time i waited longer than 30 days, meaning that in the past 7 months since I bought the phone, more than 2 months it was in the shop on the repairs.

Upvote 0
No need to apologize, it's not your responsibility nor obligation to root this phone. You already did a hell lot for us. And for that I am most grateful. Anyway, my USB part in the phone (whatever it is called in English xD) just fell off for the third time, and this time I am not going to wait 20 days for them to repair ir (third time) so I am going to make them give me a new phone. If I do that again it will be 60 days and even more since first time i waited longer than 30 days, meaning that in the past 7 months since I bought the phone, more than 2 months it was in the shop on the repairs.
would you do me the favor to ask telenor staff (since i don't live in Serbia atm) if they can be of any help with rooting this phone? i think the customer has the right to do whatever he wants with his phone and they are much obliged to accomply with his needs -.-

Shabbypenguin said:
im sorry i couldnt be of any assistance :/
Thank you for your time helping us, I want to continue look for a solution to root this chinese piece of **** :D if one person could do that, there must be a way to open it up :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones