• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Nubia Z17 - set-up issue?

Timbo111

Lurker
Jan 14, 2018
Hi all - I was using a Xiaomi mi A1 in the UK with Oreo - brilliant phone for the price. Unfortunately I dropped it from a great height and killed it stone dead.I don't really know why but I replaced it with a ZTE Nubia z17 Lite which I've had now for a couple of weeks. The phone works ok but started crashing and freezing such that I felt it necessary to do a factory data reset.
However the phone now won't move through the set-up process and refuses to boot up or copy data in the Google cloud. So basically the phone doesn't work anymore. The phone was a global edition fully compatible with Google Play etc

Am not getting any responses from ZTE or the Chinese retailer where I purchased the phone.

Grateful for any advice on how I can get this phone up and running again. I've attached a picture of the three or four screens that the phone currently recycles around ..,.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Tim

Attached Files:

• a" style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px 10px 0px; overflow: hidden; zoom: 1; background-image: none; background-position: center top; background-size: initial; background-repeat: repeat-x; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-radius: 5px; font-size: 13px;">

Attachments

• 20180113_095333-COLLAGE.jpg
    20180113_095333-COLLAGE.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 819
Hi all - I was using a Xiaomi mi A1 in the UK with Oreo - brilliant phone for the price. Unfortunately I dropped it from a great height and killed it stone dead.I don't really know why but I replaced it with a ZTE Nubia z17 Lite which I've had now for a couple of weeks. The phone works ok but started crashing and freezing such that I felt it necessary to do a factory data reset.
However the phone now won't move through the set-up process and refuses to boot up or copy data in the Google cloud. So basically the phone doesn't work anymore. The phone was a global edition fully compatible with Google Play etc

Am not getting any responses from ZTE or the Chinese retailer where I purchased the phone.

Grateful for any advice on how I can get this phone up and running again. I've attached a picture of the three or four screens that the phone currently recycles around ..,.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Tim

Attached Files:

• a" style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px 10px 0px; overflow: hidden; zoom: 1; background-image: none; background-position: center top; background-size: initial; background-repeat: repeat-x; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-radius: 5px; font-size: 13px;">

I just received a Nubia Z17 Lite which I purchased for my wife today. Went to set it up and have same issue you describe. Also came across report on YouTube showing same but it is in German.

Upvote 0
Sorry pressed send inadvertently.
Setup was fine the first time. After using Oreo on native Android, the Nubia launcher is poor so I was using the Microsoft Launcher (surprisingly excellent) with adaptive icons from Action Launcher. Think I've given it schizophrenia......have mailed ZTE but they have sent three identical responses asking for loads of information expressing deep sorrow at my predicament and then referred me back to the retailer. ,

Upvote 0
I've received a video from Nubia and it has got through the initial setup. I'm in work so haven't set it up completely but roughly fix is.

No sim, don't have it in range of known wi-fi. Select setup without a network, do not enter a name and select pin and or fingerprint unlock and it's done.

I won't know fully until I get home and setup Google account egg if this fully resolves the problems!

Upvote 0
In the interest of keeping private email addresses from being scraped by spammers, I've removed a few from posts in this thread. I the forum software settings and in the subscription setting for this thread you can adjust your preferences to have any replies to this thread send an email to you. That's a far safer, and less spam magnetic, way to get notified of replies to this.

Hopefully @PaddyMacWack can share the video, though he hasn't been around since January. :(

Upvote 0
14.10.2018. I bought smartphone ZTE Nubia Z17 Lite and I have problems.
The smartphone from time to time stop working. A butterfly image appears on the screen and freezes.
Does not react to anything. Only with the volume keys and on / off key I can Wipe Userdata Partition and start with the installation from the start. All data loses.
I would like to mention it every time I restart smartphone or switch off it is blocked and frozen.
Please help

Upvote 0
I've received a video from Nubia and it has got through the initial setup. I'm in work so haven't set it up completely but roughly fix is.

No sim, don't have it in range of known wi-fi. Select setup without a network, do not enter a name and select pin and or fingerprint unlock and it's done.

I won't know fully until I get home and setup Google account egg if this fully resolves the problems!

Hi, I have the same problem, can I have the video - sent here or to email address **mod removed email for security reasons**?

Many thanks in advance! I also contacted the retailer but still no reply from them (but of course) ;) While I am waiting I may manage to fix this phone to connect normally, etc, with a little help, I hope.

Here is my issue:
The phone is not recognizing neither the cellular network nor wi fi network. I've tried with 3 different wifi networks and the phone cannot find any one of them!

I tried also to configure the phone without using any network but it is not working. Its loading and nothing, I had some progress trying to add new network and using the SSID and with password, but then it ended on the same place (as shown below). Its loading, loading and not proceeding further.

Here is a video, if needful I can send you another one:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones