• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Zte Racer Review And Questions !

Well
I Got A Zte Racer About 3 Weeks Ago And It Was Everything I Wanted.
BUT
Its Eat 2gb Of Internet Within 1 Week?

I Got It As A PAYG Phone To Replace My Contract That Came With Unlimited Texts 75 Mins And Unlimited Internet. I Used My Old Phone All The Time For Internet And Everything But Now The New Phone Has Muched Through My Unlimited Internet ( Which Is 2gb Fair Use Policy :S ) It Restarted On The 1st Of Aug And Died On The 6th :(

Now 3 Are Saying Its A Handset Falt And I Have To Take It Back For Them To Check :( And They First Said To Trade It For An INQ Mini . LIKE ?????? Its A

Okay, seriously dude. Get yourself JuiceDefender, or an app which is capable of turning off your data connection when you're not using it. Use wifi.

What apps are you using which use your internet connection? 2gig is a LOT of data! Are you using the satnav constantly, or something? Also, I'm pretty sure your fair usage will only be 1gb not 2gb, if I know that tariff correctly, without an extra add-on.

If the phone is faulty, you should be able to get an exchange within 28 days. Download a data tracker app and see what happens when your allowance refreshes.

Send me a PM if you want more info. Take care,
-Sef

Upvote 0
Hi, I just bought ZTE Racer and I can't find the folowing aplications on my phone: FMRadio, JAVA ME Apps, RoadSync Calendar and RoadSync Mail. I called my operator's tech support and they said that there is no FMRadio aplication for ZTE Racer, but I see it in the User Manual and also on reviewes on internet. Can somebody tell me what is wrong and is there a way for me to get FMRadio on my ZTE Racer???

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi, I just bought ZTE Racer and I can't find the folowing aplications on my phone: FMRadio, JAVA ME Apps, RoadSync Calendar and RoadSync Mail. I called my operator's tech support and they said that there is no FMRadio aplication for ZTE Racer, but I see it in the User Manual and also on reviewes on internet. Can somebody tell me what is wrong and is there a way for me to get FMRadio on my ZTE Racer???

Thanks

It does have an FM radio. You need to make sure your headphones are plugged in as it uses them for an aerial. The applications including the radio are on the applications page which you get to via the Home screen by tapping on the box of boxes at the bottom of the screen.

Upvote 0
I know I had to use the headphones (the previous phone i had was with fm radio) and I know how to get to the aplications page, it's just that the icons for the aplications I mentioned are missing. I tried the look for the same problem on the internet and I found some other guys with the same problem but there was no solution. Also like I mentioned the tech support for my mobile operator said that ZTE Racer had no FM Radio ??? I don't know what could be the problem, I tried to reset to factory settings and also the icons for FM Radio, Java and etc. were missing.

Upvote 0
I know I had to use the headphones (the previous phone i had was with fm radio) and I know how to get to the aplications page, it's just that the icons for the aplications I mentioned are missing. I tried the look for the same problem on the internet and I found some other guys with the same problem but there was no solution. Also like I mentioned the tech support for my mobile operator said that ZTE Racer had no FM Radio ??? I don't know what could be the problem, I tried to reset to factory settings and also the icons for FM Radio, Java and etc. were missing.

You know the Application page scrolls!

Roadsync is in the Android Market

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones