• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE stuck in bootloop plz help...!!!!!!

retroking95

Lurker
Jun 25, 2015
I used the permanent root script that gets rid of the stock recovery to root the Zmax, then i tried to factory reset and got stuck in a bootloop, so i have no OS or Recovery. If anyone can help me with this i'd greatly appreciate it. I have a computer and internet available to download any necessary files.

Got stuck in the same loophole. I went and grab another handset which was under warranty.
NOT RECOMMENDED THOUGH!
DOING SO MIGHT GET YOU BANNED FROM T-MOBILE!!!

Well im here to help right?
Have you tried booting into FTM or Red light mode?
There is no way of fixing this as of yet. Did the same thing. You have to wait till we get the boot loader unlocked and that's if we do

Upvote 0
I used the permanent root script that gets rid of the stock recovery to root the Zmax, then i tried to factory reset and got stuck in a bootloop, so i have no OS or Recovery. If anyone can help me with this i'd greatly appreciate it. I have a computer and internet available to download any necessary files.

There is no way of fixing this as of yet. Did the same thing. You have to wait till we get the boot loader unlocked and that's if we do

Upvote 0
are we trying to help this guy or cut him off?
hroark13 was just doing some "process of elimination" .... not play soccer ..
i royally jacked my phone up and used FTM mode to get out....
hroark13 has helped in almost all of the "brick mystery adventures" .....
let him ask questions without assumptions getting thrown at him.....
woooooo saaaaawwwwwww!!!!!

Upvote 0
ZTE ZMAX Pro My problem was the power button was jammed so after getting thru the startup screens the shut down signal was accepted and the phone turned off. Over and over again. After trying everything else first, I took off the back without dislodging the fingerprint cable. then I inserted a knife blade between the case and module near the power button to dislodge. Phone booted and I immediately backed up my data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones