• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

zte supreme hotspot ?

lextoy

Lurker
Nov 30, 2013
hi all, new to the forum, but long time reader when i was learning to operate my trusty optimus V.
question is will i be able to get a hotspot setup with my new supreme the same way i did with the optimus V ? i didnt think of this when i bought the supreme...
i just prefer checking and responding to emails on the road with my laptop, and the hotspot function was perfect for that.
i am guessing something will still work. quicksettings was all i ever used.
no fancy root or anything. simple guy here.
so what do you think try quicksettings again ? was reading something about VM blocking apps like this now, anything new to try?

hi all, new to the forum, but long time reader when i was learning to operate my trusty optimus V.
question is will i be able to get a hotspot setup with my new supreme the same way i did with the optimus V ? i didnt think of this when i bought the supreme...
i just prefer checking and responding to emails on the road with my laptop, and the hotspot function was perfect for that.
i am guessing something will still work. quicksettings was all i ever used.
no fancy root or anything. simple guy here.
so what do you think try quicksettings again ? was reading something about VM blocking apps like this now, anything new to try?

I can't say if it Quicksettings will work on the Supreme, but it does not work on the Galaxy S3. You just get a message saying that feature is disabled. I had an Evo V before the S3, and I can't recall for sure, because I really don't use the hotspot feature, but I think I tried it on the Evo, and it would not work, It's likely it's blocked on most if not all of the newer phones, as using the phone as a hotspot violates Virgin's terms, and VM probably realized there were ways around it on earlier phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones