• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE U960 ROM Discussion

I'm currently using your rom 1.5.1 with the overclock and I didn't manage to run the zte oneclick upgrade tool. (I attach the phone and when a press the start button the phone simply reboot...)

if you are using a virtual machine you need to reconnect the usb device tothe virtual machine, whenever it disconnects.

in order to user your kernel do I need to first install the 2B06 using the zte upgrade tool and then apply your update from the recovery ?

You can use it in any rom, just keep in mind the annoing behavior with the market, so is easier to use it on a freshly upgraded phone, wiping it again after the kernel upgrade.

Upvote 0
You can use it in any rom, just keep in mind the annoing behavior with the market, so is easier to use it on a freshly upgraded phone, wiping it again after the kernel upgrade.

Thanx for the answer... I will retry.
Sorry for the dumb question... but if I install the latest katty's kernel over 1.5.1 I do not get the latest rom 2B06 release from ZTE correct ?

If I want to have an uptodated phone I should installa both the ROM with the one-click-install and then katty's kernel?

Upvote 0
Thanx for the answer... I will retry.
Sorry for the dumb question... but if I install the latest katty's kernel over 1.5.1 I do not get the latest rom 2B06 release from ZTE correct ?

If you update just the kernel you will end with the kernel updated, that's all

If I want to have an uptodated phone I should installa both the ROM with the one-click-install and then katty's kernel?

Exactly.

Upvote 0
I'd installed new FW, thanks to Solutor for support :) . The main for me - USSD work in SIM1. And sadly that Volume - is not wake up the phone :( . Now will try to flash Catty's kernels.
Can you explain what is to do for working USSD?
I buyed allready rooted device and have now catty 1.5.1 rom
with Baseband fix 2b03. What i have to do for working USSD on SIM1?
Thanks ahead!

Upvote 0
If you update just the kernel you will end with the kernel updated, that's all
Exactly.

Now I managed to install the ROM with the oneclick tool and the phone is running with the new (almost) chinese ROM! But now with setmode tool cannot see my phone :afraid: and for this reason I cannot continue to install google apps and the new kernel...
Any suggestion ?

Thanx a lot

Upvote 0
Now I managed to install the ROM with the oneclick tool and the phone is running with the new (almost) chinese ROM! But now with setmode tool cannot see my phone :afraid: and for this reason I cannot continue to install google apps and the new kernel...
Any suggestion ?

Thanx a lot

you can download them directly on the phone, so not an huge problem.

btw try to turn off the phone plug it on the usb and then turn it on, pay attention to connect the usb device to the virtual machine quickly (it may change during the boot, so you may need to do it more than one time).

You can also use it on win 7 (even 64bit) XP is not mandatory for the utility

Upvote 0
you can download them directly on the phone, so not an huge problem.

btw try to turn off the phone plug it on the usb and then turn it on, pay attention to connect the usb device to the virtual machine quickly (it may change during the boot, so you may need to do it more than one time).

You can also use it on win 7 (even 64bit) XP is not mandatory for the utility

Now I've fixed the usb problem by entering the code *983*87274# and selecting the first option. Now I can mount the device and I can also see the device with adb. It seams to me that the recovery is not working even if I've renamed the file as you suggested probably beacause at the and of the update process the phone didn't reboot normally and I had to remove the battery... Now I try to install the recovery...

Upvote 0
I've uploaded my new kernel 2B06 here with 386Mb of ram, init.d support and overclock to 1.4GHz.

and the version without overclock with 390Mb of ram here ...

Try to use it on your own risk and hazard ... as always it is ...

Hi Catty,
I saw the new splash screen with the cat... nice :)

I've installed the overclocked version but it seems that it doesn't have the /system/etc/inid.d foder and for this reason the v6 script doesn't ask me about init.d integration. How can I enable init.d support ?

Cheers!

Upvote 0
OneClick Updater dows not like my computers I have here. Actually I don'T get this tool running as it will not recognize my phone. Tried with Win7 32bit and XP in a virtual box.

This is what I do:

- Install oneclick-Tool
- install driver in the package
- turn off and unplug phone.
- Plug in phone
- wait for driver installation
- unplug and turn off phone again.
- start the updater tool
- plugin phone

From there on nothing happens. Phone will go into malshenzu charging state. If I start phone it will start regulary without starting the update process.

So did I missed something? It's a pitty not to get this tool working as I really need the 2B06. SIM1 is still not working for my simcards of o2 :/

Upvote 0
what about looking just two posts above ? :(
Hello Solutor,
I've done the oneclick update with the RF.ZTE replaced. It goes to the process without error.
*983*154#
give me
Software Version
Unknown

Hardware
ts6C

Board Serial
unknown

Flash Type
unknown

In the about phone,
Kernel version
2.6.35.7-perf+

Build number
ZTE-T U960CMCCV1.0.0B06

But neitter VOL up + Power button or Vol down + Power button start the recovery mode. Keeping Vol up and Power start the phone normaly
Vol down + Power start the phone but just give me a black screen.
Are you sure the new RF.ZTE is enought to install recovery on a new nonrooted phone?

Upvote 0
But neitter VOL up + Power button or Vol down + Power button start the recovery mode. Keeping Vol up and Power start the phone normaly
Are you sure the new RF.ZTE is enought to install recovery on a new nonrooted phone?

I also have the same problem and I think the vol up + Power does not work: (tried many times ...)
I put the phone in recovery mode from the android sdk by using "adb reboot recovery". I think I can also install some recovery app from the market...

Reactions: MichelR
Upvote 0
Hello Solutor,
I've done the oneclick update with the RF.ZTE replaced. It goes to the process without error.
*983*154#
give me
Software Version

Sry, :eek: it seem's power up + vol button doesn't work on my phone "adb reboot recovery" does the job. Thank you for your Great work. :)))

Upvote 0
OneClick Updater dows not like my computers I have here. Actually I don'T get this tool running as it will not recognize my phone. Tried with Win7 32bit and XP in a virtual box.

This is what I do:

- Install oneclick-Tool
- install driver in the package
- turn off and unplug phone.
- Plug in phone
- wait for driver installation
- unplug and turn off phone again.
- start the updater tool
- plugin phone

From there on nothing happens. Phone will go into malshenzu charging state. If I start phone it will start regulary without starting the update process.

So did I missed something? It's a pitty not to get this tool working as I really need the 2B06. SIM1 is still not working for my simcards of o2 :/

I guest this has something to do with windows installation, try to get a clean real XP machine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones