• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE U960 ROM Discussion

hi there,

so setCPU can clock it back to 1GHz? Does it set it fixed to 1GHz or do I have to satrt the app every time?
(can not test it atm 'cause my U960 is on my way to me as my last one was broken)
in the cpumaster you can set at boot the clock you desire but I haven't test it ... otherwise the clock must be change every time you reboot the phone ...

Upvote 0
hi there,

so setCPU can clock it back to 1GHz? Does it set it fixed to 1GHz or do I have to satrt the app every time?
(can not test it atm 'cause my U960 is on my way to me as my last one was broken)

Yes, you can set the minimum and maximum frequency, and can set the governor which will control how the CPU's speed will scaled. And also there is a tick box that says "Set on boot", if you check it, the settings will aplly at every boot, so you'll need to set it only once.

Upvote 0
base.JPG
the rom don't touch the baseband ... only oneclick update install the new baseband ...

You're right! If you only install the ROM the Baseband remains unchanged.
Base.jpg

base.JPG

How about removing Apps from your ROM? I want to get rid of "TapasHot" and the weird thing on the next page but can not find them in Titanium Backup.
Apps.jpg

Apps2.jpg

Apps.JPG

Apps2.JPG

base.bmp

Upvote 0
base.JPG

You're right! If you only install the ROM the Baseband remains unchanged.
How about removing Apps from your ROM? I want to get rid of "TapasHot" and the weird thing on the next page but can not find them in Titanium Backup.
base.bmp
it is a features of DX Home ... I also put tw4launcher into the rom ... but you can use which one other you prefer ...;)

Upvote 0
First of all i must say a big thanks to catty62 for the amazing rom.
All are working very nice except one strange think that in not from the rom. I am from Greece and i have installed Multiling keyboard for writing in Greek. 2 days now worked perfect but today for unknown reason one letter even if i put to upper case it still shows in low case. For example i write ΚΗπΟΣ and the p is small. I reinstall the program, i tried other program, i wipe and update the rom from the beggining but the problem is there. :thinking:
Anyone can help with this??
have you tryied the swiftkey? ... it is a very good keyboard ...

Upvote 0
What Base do i have now? I guess B03 right?

Yes, to update both the basebands you can use the official updater (see my signature) to update the whole phone, and then flash back the ROM you like more, or you can use the program "research download" to flash just the Spreadstrum baseband (aka SP baseband, aka TD baseband, aka SIM1 baseband)

Upvote 0
Yes, to update both the basebands you can use the official updater (see my signature) to update the whole phone, and then flash back the ROM you like more, or you can use the program "research download" to flash just the Spreadstrum baseband (aka SP baseband, aka TD baseband, aka SIM1 baseband)

Hi, is it recommended to update the baseband. currently i'm in b03 as in the picture

Upvote 0
Usually a newer baseband means better reception/radio signal handling and/or less compatibility problems with some kind of SIMs.

So, if you don't have big problems on both areas, updating it is advised but not mandatory.

Hi Solutor,
So can I update the baseband from B03 to B07 (2B07 Spreadstrum baseband) using the research download process?

thanks

Upvote 0
An interesting observation: updating BusyBox screwed up the internet connection on SIM 2.
After a half day spent with investigating the disappearance of the internet connection on the 2nd SIM, I've came to the conclusion that by updating the BusyBox binaries, the traffic can't get thru on the second SIM, so no web browsing, no mail sync, no nothing. Quite annoying.
Reflashing the ROM, any ROM, after a wipe solved the problem, and it only reappeared after updating the BB binaries.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones