• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ZTE WARP 4g N9510 keeps FREEZE & Glitching

jjprit

Lurker
May 1, 2012
ok. I just got the Zte Warp n9510 3 days ago. I rooted my phone using Framaroot. Worked like a charm as always. Ive rooted several phones. Everything worked out smooth. Downloaded Root checker and i had root access. Downloaded my Wifi tether and it works.

Well a bout a few hours after my phone started freaking out. When i went into sleep mode i press the power button to turn it back on and i just get a Illuminated Black screen with my Back home and menue button lit up. Pressed the power button 2 more times same thing. Held down the power button until it restarted and still same thing, black illuminated screen with my 3 button lit up. Then i kept restarting it and got the andriod logo so it started with no problem. Every now and then it glitches, goes right back to the black screen. So i put my sleep mode on 30 minutes. While texting or do something the screen would freeze and i cant do anything but restart it. i would text and i woudl get a wiered colored screen sometimes or i would see my TASK BAR repeated up and down the screen.
Sometimes it takes me an hour of pressing the power button or restarting and sometimes it takes me 10 minutes but phoen keeps glitching.

I did get a chance to get it on and un rooted it and did a factory restart from the menu button and the VOL DOWN + Power button. Still acting up.
Any idea what could of happened or what i can do to fix it..

I called boost mobile and they gave me ZTE number. Zte willing to take the phone fix it and send it back.

It might seem for some that rooting may have caused the glitching but its definitely hardware issues . I'v had my phone for over a year and rooted for probably 11 months out of that and no issues(framaroot).. in fact, I think it improved the usability of it for me. I like gaming and performance so overclocking worked out better than anticipated with the battery.

Upvote 0
Mines keep doin it to and it only started after I rooted my phone about a week ago now n I've had it a month before than and never had any problems before... It shows the colored glitch screen though never got the black screen...

When u get to the black screen, the phone is usually done, so ya might wanna backup EVERYTHING ASAP.. JS. Been there, lol

Upvote 0
I, personally, had four of the same phones with the same video problems. The first one was brand new, I sent it back, got another and so on. The one I have now is the fourth one and they ALL have the same problem - VIDEO is pixellated. In my opinion, ZTE needs to refund $ back to everyone who bought this and make it fall under a lemon law of some sort. This phone is an accident waiting to happen to whoever purchases it. I have spent a total of four hundred dollars on this worthless piece of crap.

Upvote 0
I was totally wrong, is under the casing, next to the usb. Started freaking out again so I totally took it apart. Mine needed pressure above the connection. I put a folded piece of a cigarette pack (cardboard, not foil, obviously) screwed it all back down, and now no amount of torque messes it up. My mistake on the pre-edited post.hopefully this will assist someone not insured.

Upvote 0
I was totally wrong, is under the casing, next to the usb. Started freaking out again so I totally took it apart. Mine needed pressure above the connection. I put a folded piece of a cigarette pack (cardboard, not foil, obviously) screwed it all back down, and now no amount of torque messes it up. My mistake on the pre-edited post.hopefully this will assist someone not insured.

Where did you put the cardboard at? I took my back piece off and the screen is working fine. Did you place it above the USB (looking down with it face down) or below it?

Upvote 0
ok. I just got the Zte Warp n9510 3 days ago. I rooted my phone using Framaroot. Worked like a charm as always. Ive rooted several phones. Everything worked out smooth. Downloaded Root checker and i had root access. Downloaded my Wifi tether and it works.

Well a bout a few hours after my phone started freaking out. When i went into sleep mode i press the power button to turn it back on and i just get a Illuminated Black screen with my Back home and menue button lit up. Pressed the power button 2 more times same thing. Held down the power button until it restarted and still same thing, black illuminated screen with my 3 button lit up. Then i kept restarting it and got the andriod logo so it started with no problem. Every now and then it glitches, goes right back to the black screen. So i put my sleep mode on 30 minutes. While texting or do something the screen would freeze and i cant do anything but restart it. i would text and i woudl get a wiered colored screen sometimes or i would see my TASK BAR repeated up and down the screen.
Sometimes it takes me an hour of pressing the power button or restarting and sometimes it takes me 10 minutes but phoen keeps glitching.

I did get a chance to get it on and un rooted it and did a factory restart from the menu button and the VOL DOWN + Power button. Still acting up.

I called boost mobile and they gave me ZTE number. Zte willing to take the phone fix it and send it back.
!
I went thru the whole procedure..get a RMA number from ZTE...return the unit to them with prepaid postage...wait about two weeks and your phone will returned "fixed". I am starting to get the same problems again...I am switching to another brand...was looking at the new warp sync...some reviews stated same problem as the 4g...so I may try sharp aquos...same spec as the ZTE sync

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Upvote 0
I had it over the connection (believe its just above the usb) my toddler wrecked it for me so I cannot remember for sure. If it's working with the back off, you may try leaving the screw in the lower left out, I ended up doing that when I got tired of messing with the usb (the shim was shifting it slightly) sorry for the delay. Hope that helps xD

This was it, the fix for mine! Thanks a ton, guys. Now, I've got mine working again, at least for now, I'll try to add some more info for anyone else that wants to try this. First, a video that takes the N9510 apart. You don't have to go all the way down, just to the point where the bezel is off and you can see the screen connector and USB. That's only about the first five minutes of the video...

I cut a piece of cigarette box, folded in half (total size about 1/4" wide by 9/16") and placed it on top of the screen connector. I don't have a pic of the cardboard, but I've uploaded a pic that shows where that connector is that you have to cover. Once you snap the bezel back on, screw it all back together and get the cards and battery back in, it boots up fine, the screen is no longer black, and it all seems to be running well. In fact possibly better, since I've been dealing with this glitch for months now.

Attachments

• Boost ZTE screen connector.png
    Boost ZTE screen connector.png
    223.6 KB · Views: 208
Upvote 0
Now I how where to start...phone has been inoperable last three days...no display can't see where to touch to unlock...plug usb in and out a few times I will get ui but will freeze.Second time in less than 1 year I have had this same issue...definitely a hardware problem considering that the S. koreans usually have pretty good quality control. Buying a new phone next month...done with ZTE.

Upvote 0
Now I how where to start...phone has been inoperable last three days...no display can't see where to touch to unlock...plug usb in and out a few times I will get ui but will freeze.Second time in less than 1 year I have had this same issue...definitely a hardware problem considering that the S. koreans usually have pretty good quality control. Buying a new phone next month...done with ZTE.

That is exactly what happened to mine, which forced my hand to find a fix, or replace. And I didn't want to shell out the money for a replacement. I saw another YouTube video where someone would press down on the USB plug while it's plugged in, and that would let him continue to work. Last week I tried that and it does, to a point. I'm wondering if doing that exacerbated the problem and made it fail sooner.

Upvote 0

What Android version was it when you rooted it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones