• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ZTE Warp No disconnect in Phone Calls & 3G won't restart

Hello All,

I'm new here as a registered guest, but I been a user of the advice here for my last 3 phones,

When Boost released the ZTE Warp I had to have one, but I had some issues and I said, I will wait for a firmware/software update, so yesterday I updated to the build of 0B08 upgraded through my computer through the zteusa website, but the problems are worse.

1) calls won't disconnect if I hit end. nothing. and it won't show call duration of time elapsed either. but if I do either a soft-shut down or a remove battery 50% of the time it will work again. but I need to do this reboot many times over

2) 3G, after a phone call my 3G won't restart. again after 3 or 4 reboots it will restart. and if I am on a Wi-Fi network and get out of range, 90% of the time 3G won't restart

I have looked at my running apps and I really don't see anything that would be intrusive to issue these problems.

thanks
Paul

This is very frustrating.

Reactions: Stratgey1
I think u should ask Boost to help for activiation first. also u can finish it by yourself.

also the link looks same with your issues, refer to it maybe get some helps:
http://androidforums.com/zte-warp/478338-ota-update-trouble.html

After reading what you said, I upgraded my Boost Zone and did a diagnostics check and it said the phone was fine, but the network was having issues with 3G..after 30 seconds of waiting. a green light appeared for 3G, and since then I have rebooted this phone 20 times and everything is working, from being able to disconnect calls now to putting the phone in airplane mode. and going from wireless to 3G is instantaneous

Update: the phone crashed again, same issues. So this time I called Boost and they issued me a new MIN # and he said..... this will fix it. So far so good and it's been 8 hours

You were (and still are) right. it wasn't successfully activated

thanks

Upvote 0
I just purchased the phone on 01/28/12 and I am having difficulty ending telephone calls. The phone won't disconnect. Also, once I have ended a call and go to my contacts list to redial a different person, the phone somehow brings back on the screen the previous contact. So frustrating. I am also experiencing problems receiving calls. I have intermittent problems with receiving calls and dialing out.

I am very disappointed with the phone. I am returning it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones