1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Zte warp sequent

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joe1379, Jul 20, 2013.

1. joe1379

joe1379 Newbie

I've tried rooting jelly been b11 4.1.2 but I can't succeed can someone help

Advertisement

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

3. junkie2100

junkie2100 Android Expert

the problem is that method was for ics, since the upgrade to jb that method no longer works, but luckily using fastboot to install cwm then running the generic root.zip floating around does work just fine. and installing cwm through fastboot is pretty simple other than the occasional driver problem which is covered in various places around this section, especially with my aio tool doing all the commands for you at the push of a button. i even wrote a tutorial about adb drivers which applies to fastboot (kernel debug as they are called in the device manager) just as well

4. junkie2100

junkie2100 Android Expert

just use my aio tool, found here to attempt to install cwm using fastboot mode instead of terminal mode, if the phone gets stuck on a black screen with the green android guy for more than a minute and the tool times out you will have to manually check your fastboot drivers in the device manager, and you can only check said drivers when it is in fastboot mode(black background, green guy) instructions for doing this can be found here and all youll have to do for that to apply to fastboot is instead of picking adb drivers pick kernel debug from the list

5. joe1379

joe1379 Newbie

It says my adb is out of date

6. TehJibba

TehJibba Android Enthusiast

Follow the links Junkie provided as it gives you directions on how to get it working