• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE Warp Sync - All Things Root Guide

Can someone please check if this device is capable of using fastboot? Normally you would type "adb reboot bootloader" to get into bootloader mode so you can issue fastboot commands. It has been brought to my attention this only reboots the device. If someone can get into the bootloader, and get the command "fastboot devices" to show a number, please let me know how you did it. Thanks :)

Reactions: tnomtlaw
Upvote 0
Well, I don't own one of these devices so I need someone to try getting to the bootloader. Currently, fastboot booting a modified boot.img seems to be the best bet for rooting. I have put one together but need to figure out how to get into the bootloader in order to issue the fastboot commands. Anyone willing to help so we can get going on some development would be appreciated.

Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
Don't know if this helps but saw the steps to get into fastboot mode for this device on HARDRESET.info i would try it myself but don't currently own this device but anyway these are the steps for those who do and want to help SupeR
1 Remove and insert battery
2 Then press and hold volume down and while you hold connect device to PC via USB
3 Now you will see on the screen text "FTM"
4 Next release held button
5 You are now in Fastboot mode
This is the link if you wanna check it out http://www.hardreset.info/devices/zte/zte-n9515-warp-sync/

Reactions: SuperR
Upvote 0
Well, I don't own one of these devices so I need someone to try getting to the bootloader. Currently, fastboot booting a modified boot.img seems to be the best bet for rooting. I have put one together but need to figure out how to get into the bootloader in order to issue the fastboot commands. Anyone willing to help so we can get going on some development would be appreciated.

im picking up the device in about a hour or so! if you want me to do what you asked i can! ill get back on when i come back from getting it!

Reactions: Gldrz1
Upvote 0
im picking up the device in about a hour or so! if you want me to do what you asked i can! ill get back on when i come back from getting it!
We just need to get into bootloader mode. You will know you are there when you type "fastboot devices" in a command prompt/terminal and get a number back. If you succeed, please let me know how you did it. Thanks :)

Upvote 0
also looks like volume up + power button gets it into ftm mode. it let the phone install drivers while being plugged up to that mode. no devices found for fastboot and adb....

BUT now im noticing that my computer doesnt see the drivers for the phone giving a code 28 error.(which is saying the drivers may need to be updated) this is while in ftm mode..

while phone is on adb sees the phone as 10918d6 with no unauthorized anymore!

Could this be a driver issue? i had this problem as well on the pantech burst where finally found some drivers to see the phone in something similar as to ftm mode. then when you finally adb reboot bootloader it went straight to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i got this from another zte device BUT i got the drivers to see the phone with a ? Doing adb reboot bootloader now reboot the phone to start up. so maybe we can do something like this..

. hold power button and volume up key at same time and boot into FTM mode 5. cd over to the directory of your avid root folder in ADB 6. type adb devices and you should see a question mark , its because it doesnt recognize it. now we need to get into the zte force bootloader (which is black screen) so type adb reboot bootloader. FROM HERE ON ITS VERY IMPORTANT U FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS EXACTLY AS I WRITE THEM OR THIS WONT WORK. 7. type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img 8. its going to say waiting for device. now go to device manager and you should see an unknown android device with and exclamation mark on it right click on it and browse for drivers . you want to pick the one that sais zte adb composite device. now install the drivers. bypass the warning and all that 9. it should now recognize the zte force long enough to push the recovery image over to the phone. ALL DONE 10. the screen will still be black because zte force bootloader is a mystery in and of itself.

Upvote 0
All I need to know is how to get into bootloader/fastboot mode. ADB is obviously working or you would get an error when typing adb anything. Fastboot is what we need to work. If you can get to a mode where "fastboot devices" shows a number like you get when typing "adb devices", then we will be making progress. Once we figure out how to get to this mode, we can start testing the boot.img I built to get this thing rooted. Once it is rooted, we can start some development.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well i myself called ZTE but none of these people seem to know what im talking about , every time ask them about unlocking the bootloader they just give a completely unrelated answer , one of them actually told me to download an app called LazySwipe what is this app gonna do? i asked and he said its going to give you more ram lol!!! don't think they even speak English, kinda frustrating but i may keep trying.

Upvote 0
Don't feel bad, I even offered to forfeit ANY and ALL future warranties for ZTE products if it would get us the help we've been asking for.. Waiting on a reply
4af7f5516ffc7d621b4661456b24c66b.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones