• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE Warp Sync - All Things Root Guide

Here is the link for step by step instructions for the ZTE ZMax http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=60692537&postcount=1902 . Rooting this phone, I would think would follow some of the same processes.
We have ROOT!! Thanks a million for keeping up on this, JAWeat411. Bangin'!
5f02fb773418ca1c09d3a341f998b40c.jpg

Didn't run cmd ANYTHING! Just overloaded system with running apps & pages before running newest KingRoot.apk.. reboot & good!

I just realized something.. ZTE Tech dept deserves credit for me finding Root for the Sync as well. They told me to watch for KingRoot.. So - Props ZTE!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I actually used the same app to root my Verizon tablet (the Ellipsis 8). That thing was previously un-rootable. Anyway, to answer your question, the basics of rooting with this app is to go to the website www.kingroot.net (it's in chinese) click on the big blue button. This takes you to the next page, click on the first blue download link for KingRoot. Go ahead and install that onto your device. Now from what I have heard, before you run the app seriously swamp your phone with running apps and processes. Then run the app and tap on the circle button. Eventually you will get a checkmark in the circle. The app will also install something called KingUser. This is more or less a replacement for SuperSU or any other Super User app. It IS in english and it works great.

Upvote 0
You all are getting me excited. I haven't sold mine with the cracked screen yet. I might just buy a replacement screen.
We both know this phone is smokin'.. I got over a 40,000 on benchmarks with the Warp 4G once (JB w/ CDZ's 1.9Ghz kernel) & this one has double the processors, more ram.. That benchmark was above the Nexus 5! Next to SGS5.. We jumped the first hurdle, working on the next - cwm

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones