1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

zte warp sync help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Clete, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Clete

Clete Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2017
    Yesterday while charging in the car, i left the phone in the sun for about 15 min. i took it out of the sun and let it cool. Turned it on and now it just keeps rebooting the android screen and i can't get it to stop without removing the battery. I was at work and when i put the battery back in it does the same reboot loop until the battery was dead.
    Last night i was able to charge it and get it to start normally.
    when i went to use the camera, it went into this boot loop again and i can't get out of it.
    I took the battery out and on ac power i can boot into recovery.
    android system recovery <3e>
    N9515V1.0.0B07

reboot system now
    apply update from ADB
    wipe data factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    apply update from sd card
    apply update from cache
    md5 check

reboot system now was able to get it to boot normally and it was working again.
    and again, i went to watch a video on you tube and it shut off and began the reboot loop again.
    i am currently on the
    android system recovery <3e>
    screen and I need help fixing this please.

I have not rooted or modified the stock phone.

What do i try next?

thanks

Advertisement

2. Gldrz1

Gldrz1 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 20, 2013
    Male
    I would say just root the phone and try one of the many great custom roms on this site (Resurrection, Carbon, Bliss, Beanstock, etc ) stock rom on this phone utterly sucks!! its buggy n glitchy as hell. Other than that don't know what to tell u .

bcrichster likes this.
  3. Clete

Clete Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2017
    This phone is the best phone I have ever owned, The calls are clear, texting is reliable, Data transfer is smoking fast and the video quality is super. It has never even as much as hiccuped before yesterday. So I'd have to disagree about the ROM being buggy.

I have been experimenting and discovered that if I leave the battery out , plug in the charger, It will begin to boot , after the android screen (battery post routine ?) finishes, i slide the battery in and the Boost 4g animation comes on and then my phone start screen comes up as normal and i am able to make calls , text , internet , ect with no problems.
    BUT
    as soon as i pull the usb charger cable out , It goes black and restarts the android screen boot loop and it can not be stopped without pulling the battery.

Normally when the phone is powered off, I can insert the charger and it will display the battery status animation and say it is now charging, but it will not power the phone on without pressing and holding the power button.

Now when the phone is powered off, Inserting the charger cable will start the boot process with or without the battery and without pressing and holding the power button.

With no battery installed the phone now starts and boots just fine and i see the home screen and it seems normal. Except now I get a RED notification that says the battery temperature is abnormal, charging has been stopped.
    as there is no battery this makes sense i guess.

So , the phone works with usb charger and no battery.

is my battery bad? how to test this?
    any other ideas?

thanks

4. Gldrz1

Gldrz1 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 20, 2013
    Male
    Well then we agree to disagree. Now may be the battery doubt it thou, sounds like corrupted software only speculating since im no expert but u should really think about rooting it and flashing stock rom either debloated or unmodified from here https://androidforums.com/threads/warp4-b07-stock-unmodified-deodexed-roms.1029196/ since u seem to be against custom roms or do a factory reset.

#4 Gldrz1, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  5. devilschild26

devilschild26 Android Expert
    None

Jul 17, 2014
    Male
    self employed
    Kansas city Missouri
    If u think stock is good on this device u must had some shitty ass devices lmao cause stock it pure crap coding is just one big mess

Gldrz1 likes this.
  6. devilschild26

devilschild26 Android Expert
    None

Jul 17, 2014
    Male
    self employed
    Kansas city Missouri
    A bad battery will not but no device into a boot loop maybe next time he won't leave it in the sun lol

Gldrz1 and bcrichster like this.
  7. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Jan 23, 2013
    Male
    Electrical, Electronics
    Florida
    Pm me, I may have spare batteries..

8. Clete

Clete Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2017
    so will doing a factory reset fix this problem? I really need my phone and being tethered to a charger to use it is not working out.

As far as leaving it out in the sun, I live in the Seattle area and it was sunny for a whole 15 minutes. but yea i will not make that mistake again.

9. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Jan 23, 2013
    Male
    Electrical, Electronics
    Florida
    will it fix it? Unlikely but may be worth trying. Try it and go from those results to process your next step

10. Owentiller

Owentiller Lurker
    None

May 4, 2017
    How to turn on the phone to phone transfer program ?

11. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Jan 23, 2013
    Male
    Electrical, Electronics
    Florida

I'm not sure how to respond as the post is written like an incomplete statement.. Could you plz add some detail?

12. Clete

Clete Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2017
    If wiping the phone will not fix the issue, then i'm not going to do that.
    I am really at the end of my rope with this because everything i can find about this issue is not actually fixing the problem.
    I need my phone to work properly, i am missing calls and texts and that means i'm loosing work and money.

13. Clete

Clete Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2017
    if I do a factory reset, will this wipe all the updates ? it's now on B07 will it go back to B01 then i can apply ota updates again?

14. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Jan 23, 2013
    Male
    Electrical, Electronics
    Florida
    not at all. Factory reset will keep you on current B07

15. Clete

Clete Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2017
    ok thanks for your help.
    I've read more about this phone in the last week than i care to admit and it seems that it is most likely a hardware issue related to overheating. I'll tear into it after i get a new phone and see if i can locate the problem. LG phones seemed to have a problem much like this one so i'm going to explore the fixes for that and see if it is similar to what is wrong with mine.
    I'm considering the ZTE MAX XL
    any thoughts about that phone? It seems to have good specs and reviews from what i can read. I'd still like to hold it in my hand to see if it is comfortable or a fumble waiting to happen.

thanks again.

16. Clete

Clete Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2017
    One more thing.
    Inside the battery compartment to the upper right just below the battery contacts are there is a red dot. I never noticed that being red before. What does that indicate? battery issues maybe?
    Also just noticed kitty corner to that red dot on the lower left there is a similar dot with a lock icon on it , that is white. What does that do?

where can i find out about these things and more technical information about this phone, like a blueprint or schematic ?

thanks again.

17. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Jan 23, 2013
    Male
    Electrical, Electronics
    Florida
    the 1st dot (under battery contacts) is supposed to be white - it only turns red from moisture, that's a water damage marker. The lock sticker is a tamper thing, it's how they know you opened the phone.. All relating to warranty TOS stuff