1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Zte Zmax 4.4.4 Metro Pcs BRICKED Help!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tonyfughter14, May 18, 2015.

1. LOLZTE

LOLZTE Newbie

thanks for the guide, everything goes ok, but when is time to push recovery I get this
    List of devices attached

? device

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb shell

shell@draconis:/ $ su

su

shell@draconis:/ # adb push recovery.img /data/local/tmp/recovery.img

dd if=/data/local/tmp/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recoveryadb push recovery.img /data/local/tmp/recovery.img

error: device not found
    any ideas?

#51 LOLZTE, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. LOLZTE

LOLZTE Newbie

ok found the error, i am not that good at adb so probably i was making a syntax mistake, but i downloaded adb for noobs and pushed recovery, restarted the phone and got bootloop again, but this time i attempted to enter recovery by pushing power + volume down and releasing as soon as the screen flickered and voila phone is alive after 3 months !!!!!

3. mtsolutions

mtsolutions Lurker

I'm glad I could help in some way. I had the same error as the device not being found but after trying a couple of times, it worked. I also rebooted the phone into recovery using the keys, not an adb command.

Just to let you and others reading this, I didn't try rooting it again since I was happy enough to use the phone again. Did the kingo root work for you?

4. LOLZTE

LOLZTE Newbie

Yes 3.0 desktop version works, that's the first thing I did, then installed twrp and tried to make a backup, sadly I got error:
    E:createTarFork() process ended with ERROR=255

5. LOLZTE

LOLZTE Newbie

Tried resurrection but was unable to use camera, CM 12 seems to work just fine

#55 LOLZTE, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  6. ThePhizzle

ThePhizzle Well-Known Member

What if you get permission denied message?

7. Masterchief87

Masterchief87 Android Expert

Then you are bricked

ThePhizzle likes this.
  8. mtsolutions

mtsolutions Lurker

It means you're not rooted, well at least in my case it did. Read my previous post and follow along if haven't done so.

ThePhizzle likes this.
  9. ThePhizzle

ThePhizzle Well-Known Member

Hey MC follow alot of your work but this has me stumped,would really like to hear your opinion on what might of caused this kind of a brick;as the phone was given to me,as to i know program dosent mount till aftet the boot screen,but it bootloops right back to the boot screen twice then after the third time it boots to a blackscreen,witch we both know isn't good but id like to ask is,might there still be hope since i can still get it into factory test mode?thank you and again love your work!

10. Masterchief87

If you can get root access in adb shell while in ftm mode. If you can't then you are bricked

MonDillinger and ThePhizzle like this.
  11. speedwheels

speedwheels Lurker

Hi, What format does the TWRP need to be in to do an adb push to /sdcard/recovery.img. There are twrp APKs floating around but I am guessing you need a file in .img format?

12. Masterchief87

The img is inside the assets folder inside the apk. Just extract the apk like a normal zip file. If your file manager cannot extract an apk then change the file extension from .apk to .zip then extract it.

13. XweAp0nX

XweAp0nX Lurker

What if the device does not seem to have a Field Test Mode? I have Recovery and Download mode, but no Field Test Mode. There is an ADB selection in the recovery rom, but it won't find my device on my PC when I try it. The whole operating system appears to be missing except for the boot logo!

The device belongs to my neighbor, I had fixed two bricked Samsung devices for him, but with Odin and TWRP it's easy, as long as you have the right PDA files. I found an Odin-Like tool for ZTE but it's only for ZTE Open. Hell if I had an odin-like tool I could install CWM or TWRP, then it's just a matter of toggling off the sig verification.

Basically what I'm reading here is that if you can't get into FTM mode, your f**ked?

14. XweAp0nX

XweAp0nX Lurker

So I can change the extension and try to install via the default recovery rom? Ah, nope, it wants Sig Verification.

#64 XweAp0nX, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  15. kmhv420

kmhv420 Lurker

my device is bricked i would appreciate any help getting it up and running, i have downloaded droid tools and took a screen shot and i am hoping some one know were to go from the screen shot thx :) IMG_20160527_154507.jpg im on zte zmax metro pcs ive download stock recovery stock rom just a fyi.

#65 kmhv420, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  16. Masterchief87

What do you mean when you say your phone is bricked. The screenshot says you have BrokenOS installed which means you can probably fix your phone easily. Can you provide details of what exactly is wrong with your phone?

17. kmhv420

kmhv420 Lurker

no os no recovery and it stuck in a boot loop. i used broken switcher went into recovery and it said no os installed. i panicked like a idiot and tryed to use a twrp back up but i hadnt restored r/o in broken switcher so system wasnt mounted and yea unable to mount system the recovery failed after i had already wiped everything to do the recovery, thats were im at. and when i boot it up theres so many errors popping up its unusable acore and phone errors till it resets it self and tries to bootup again and fails .developer option are gone ive tried to remount system but it just sits there for hours and will crash.

#67 kmhv420, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  18. Masterchief87

If you can message me on hangouts at mc87xda@gmail.com I'm confident I can help you fix your phone. I've helped multiple people with virtually the same issue fix their zmax phones.

19. MonDillinger

MonDillinger Well-Known Member

Correct. To piggyback on MC said, if your phone cuts on, you are good. If not then you have a situation that cannot be fixed. When we were working on the root script and BN, I did this exact thing (if I'm understanding what you did correctly) so many times that I lost count. Well over 100 times and that's no exaggeration. After going through the same problem a thousand times, I wrote this post to help others who may encounter the same issue:

http://androidforums.com/threads/guide-how-to-fix-a-softbrick.919712/

Idk if this helps, but hopefully it does. Best of luck.

20. kmhv420

kmhv420 Lurker

yea it turns on and can even once in while boot broken it just has acore popup errors that make it unusable and as i said developer options are non existent.

21. MonDillinger

MonDillinger Well-Known Member

Then you need to go ahead and follow the guide above to install a recovery and flash a new rom. "acore" is a process that's simply a part of the system, the fact that it's force closing means that you have a bad flash. Get TWRP installed with r/w permissions and flash a different ROM.

22. kmhv420

kmhv420 Lurker

yea im just going to buy the new metro pcs k10 and keep it stock,i have no skills to fix my zmax.

23. Masterchief87

Did you completely miss out on my post? I've already offered to walk you through the process of fixing the issue, step by step. The only skill youll need is the ability to follow directions. I just can't give you that kind of help here on the forums because we can't communicate nearly as efficiently here. What would take less than an hour on hangouts could take days or longer here on AF.

24. kmhv420

kmhv420 Lurker

yea mastercheif you are a awesome man, thx for helping me get my phone working again, many thanks bro you are the man!!!

#74 kmhv420, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    Masterchief87 likes this.
  25. MrTechSavvy

MrTechSavvy Lurker

I can get into FTM as root in adb shell but bootloop is killing me I don't have enough time to execute the commands. would I "have" to install a custom recovery or not I have a ZTE Midnight Pro LTE (Z828TLV1) not the metro variant but this process applies to my device as well the carriers and firmware is the difference. I know I'm going to have a major problem finding a custom recovery for this phone if that is the case. I can access stock recovery as well.

ZTE Zmax Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews