• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ZTE ZMAX Pro (MetroPCS) unlock help/clarification

Jiggyfly420

Lurker
Jun 26, 2017
Okay, so i bought this phone used from a friend who used it with MetroPCS, and my plan was to transfer the Device its self onto a service I already use... keeping my same phone number (Safelink which is a partner of Tracfone) Following safelinks instructions, I purchased a T-Mobile compatible SIM card from tracfone, but when reading MetroPCS unlocking policy, it seems ill have to wait until the phone has had 90 days continuous service... am i understanding that policy correctly? So the new SIM will not work until the 90 days are up and I can use the Device unlock app, or call them... my next question... my friend had the phone active 60 days as of July 6th, but does it restart since I am a different owner? And if so, can I just keep them under the impression that she is the owner until the 90 Are up? She did give me the account billing pin... Any help/clailrification is greatly appreciated... I didn't want to call them and ask, just to be told I have to start the 90 days over as the new owner... thank you for the help.

Reactions: danacochran54
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones