• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE Zmax Pro Official Root Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would LOVE an S8 but they are too damn expensive. What about the lower levep Samsung phones they have? Even comparable to the ZMP? Or that new Blade max? Then again, probably can't root thay either

My two cents...
Don't waste your money upgrading to any of metros junk phones. For $200 you can buy a tmobile LG V20 with a clean imei and throw your metro sim in it. Or a note 4 for $125. I even picked up a tmobile v10 in great shape for $80 yesterday. Today I got root, android 7.0, and can still use android pay on it. All three of them phones are way better than anything metro has and cost me $400 all together...plus all 3 have root, near 6 inch 4k screens, and sweet 16mp cameras. ZMax Pro was great for $99 but is the last metro pos branded phone I ever buy.

Upvote 0
Yes the battle is over, the evil organization known as the ZTE Corporation has won the war against all of these amateur hackers! Not even any of the best Chinese or Russian hackers could penetrate its impenetrable defenses, muuhahahahaa! :cashdroid:

I died at this I switched to the axon 7 and my girlfriend has the lg stylo 3 plus both rooted out of box this phone is broken on so many levels it's not even worth the constant effort in trying to root honestly unlock it sell it be done with it

Reactions: RootBeerGuy
Upvote 0
I think I may give the Stylo 3 Plus a shot. Closest to this phone it looks like, and it has root already. My volume up button no longer works, and my touch screen on the ZMP is getting a bit off. It has been over a year with this, and honestly, I have gotten bored with it. Bright side, I'll have a throwaway ZMP to try and break.

I would strongly recommend against that. I thought being roped into buying two new Stylo 2+ would be an upgrade. Nope, the 2+ is a complete abomination. TMobile is already discounting the stylo 3s, probably cuz the specs, hardware and performance are same. LG needs to wake up and realize that Android 6 and 7 cannot function with only 2GB RAM....

Upvote 0
I would strongly recommend against that. I thought being roped into buying two new Stylo 2+ would be an upgrade. Nope, the 2+ is a complete abomination. TMobile is already discounting the stylo 3s, probably cuz the specs, hardware and performance are same. LG needs to wake up and realize that Android 6 and 7 cannot function with only 2GB RAM....

6.0 isn't so bad but yeah, I agree. The MM & N+ ROMs are some fat babies! I'm kinda floored as well that 90% of the devices coming out have the same damn specs as the original Zmax & Warp Sync.. Makes me wonder.

Upvote 0
Sigh...
2) This isn't even a Harvard study, but a student's side project

3) A look at Google trends is not a scientific experiment as this shows nothing more than correlation, without any context of causation.

4) Even worse, the source is three year old news from 2014 the article dug up & pretended was new.

5) Updates slow down iDevices temporarily after the install; After new installs iOS re-indexes files in the background. This can take up to 36 hours. Apple is literally getting blamed for allowing users to use their updated device earlier instead of waiting around.

6) Samsung updates are so fragmented & untimely that people end up updating their devices at times more varied than Apple's updates. This would "split" the peaks, creating the smooth curve. Additionally, a smaller proportion of Samsung users update their phones, which would further diminish Samsung's curve.

7) Samsung's curve has no peaks, but ultimately ends up with 70% of users wondering why their phone is slow compared to Apple's 30% at from the time period 2011-2014. This suggests SAMSUNG is slowing their phones, yet this article targets Apple for some obscene reason

Last edited:
Reactions: 5318008
Upvote 0
Wow sapphirex what a puss and everyone on the discord they are barely talking bout the exploits and stuff so don't waste your time
For everyone's information, this guy was attempting to steal credit for another developer' s work in kernel modification, became aggressive at the smallest instigation, and refused to cooperate in the server other than to tell other's what he used to do. Feel free to clean up this thread mod.

Reactions: NeoZiggy
Upvote 0
Ya just because u didn't understand what I was saying also go ahead and ask the people on that thread. Attempting to steal info!?? How comical. How about u head over to the xda site and ask CTxz yourself he would tell u moron. If forking repositories is stealing then whatever. Also message the well known developer "@decimalman" he built the dkp kernel for the Galaxy s3. U can get info but instead u let your giant ego get the best of u and started rambling about crap I don't know like I said in earlier posts but whatever.

Upvote 0
Ya exactly but he started to think I'm lying because I never posted any commits to my GitHub account so. The thread maker as well as many other devs on that same thread know who I am, I DO NOT take credit for something I didn't do? But he is dead set on believing that. That's y I said ask the people on the thread before kicking me off the discord disccusion.
Also if anyone has an SM-T230NU u can easily download my kernel (if u have the tablet) it's in the posts not the op.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Well i went ahead and got the Stylo 3. It was the best they had for under $200. Rooted it on day 1. And I really like it so far. The touch scren definitely works better, and I really like the stylus. And multi window is awesome at a 275 DPI setting.And Messi, I'm assuming no KDZ is the reason for no custom. Rom availability yet? I'm assuming a modded K20 Plus KDZ would not work?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-26-09-23-47.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-26-09-23-47.png
    576.3 KB · Views: 353
Reactions: Spec2nirvash
Upvote 0
Well i went ahead and got the Stylo 3. It was the best they had for under $200. Rooted it on day 1. And I really like it so far. The touch scren definitely works better, and I really like the stylus. And multi window is awesome at a 275 DPI setting.And Messi, I'm assuming no KDZ is the reason for no custom. Rom availability yet? I'm assuming a modded K20 Plus KDZ would not work?
kdz is already out and i started preparing lineage tree :)

Upvote 0
kdz is already out and i started preparing lineage tree :)

And for us poor little ZTE Zmax Pro and Blade Z max owners that will be nothing but a pipe dream for the foreseeable future or forever, sigh! o_O Someone please hire a full team of Chinese and Russian super-hackers because that is probably what it's gonna take to get what these lucky SOB Stylo 3+ owners are now getting! LG= Life's Good and ZTE= Just kill me now! :maskeddroid:

Reactions: JIMMYHENDRIX
Upvote 0
kdz is already out and i started preparing lineage tree
Messi, been wondering what are the differences of the LG Stylo 3 Plus vs. ZTE Z981's dm-verity implementations ?
Where there different degrees of dm-verity encryption or did ZTE added something extra ?
Did LG include fastboot or did not hide fastboot?
We know LG has always been more root friendly. So wondering. What options speed up the full root and unlock process for the Stylo 3P . Other then ZTE being a POS company.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Messi, been wondering what are the differences of the LG Stylo 3 Plus vs. ZTE Z981's dm-verity implementations ?
Where there different degrees of dm-verity encryption or did ZTE added something extra ?
Did LG include fastboot or did not hide fastboot?
We know LG has always been more root friendly. So wondering. What options speed up the full root and unlock process for the Stylo 3P . Other then ZTE being a POS company.
Lg v20 dm-verity is the same as this zmax pro.

Only difference is the v20 did not have DD locked down and partitions unreadable.

Allowing them to get a raw copy of about allowing for exploits to be used.

Upvote 0
iovyroot works on b08 for temp root
Is it a special version you are talking about. Or how does a root tool based on CVE-2015-1805 & with a Requirement of an LP Kernel from Dec 2015 work on a ZTE device. And for how long ?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/iovyroot-temp-root-tool-t3349597

Leg pulling ? Or did you meant on an LG phone ? Or where did you read it ?

Lg v20 dm-verity is the same as this zmax pro.

Only difference is the v20 did not have DD locked down and partitions unreadable.

Allowing them to get a raw copy of about allowing for exploits to be used.
Great, so the roadmap being followed over @ Discord by SapphireEx should be successful too.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones