• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE Zmax Pro Official Root Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have been fork bombing my phone for two hours now, slightly different results, but mostly the same.. Everything I know so far is in the posts above. I'm tired, been working all night, so I need to get some sleep, I am in the middle of a 9 day stretch, so yeah, I'm bombed. But yeah, the forkbomb is having some effect, but we really need somebody who has more intimate knowledge of Android's flavor of Linux than me to get us any further with this.

Reactions: Ethorbit
Upvote 0
For some reason I am led to believe that you work for ZTE and are trying to get people to update, and the part about downgrading is untrue. Mainly because you said you have the option to root, which I already know is bullshit,ue to all these other people who updated and do not have root. And if you do in fact, work for ZTE and are trolling us, GTFO. This also leads me to believe that we may have struck a nerve somewhere and are closer than we realize.
I wear a tinfoil hat as well. It makes sense that zte would watch this forum to patch their phones. This guy got a couple people to update their phones, and that's a shame. What a waste to have devs watching this forum (the time the money) when if word got around that zmax pro had root zte would sell more phones. Isn't that your goal zte? I guess I don't understand it, but it seems simple.

Upvote 0
Jimmy DixxFor some reason I am led to believe that you work for ZTE and are trying to get people to update, and the part about downgrading is untrue. Mainly because you said you have the option to root, which I already know is bullshit,ue to all these other people who updated and do not have root. And if you do in fact, work for ZTE and are trolling us, GTFO. This also leads me to believe that we may have struck a nerve somewhere and are closer than we realize.
I wear a tinfoil hat as well. It makes sense that zte would watch this forum to patch their phones. This guy got a couple people to update their phones, and that's a shame. What a waste to have devs watching this forum (the time the money) when if word got around that zmax pro had root zte would sell more phones. Isn't that your goal zte? I guess I don't understand it, but it seems simple.

Could always set up a chat or forum locked to trusted members to view, migrate from this forum, who said we have to discuss rooting this phone on Android forums.

Besides, it's not like they can fix anything if we don't update, who cares if they're watching.

Reactions: 5318008
Upvote 0
Run kingroot first. Then forkbomb.
I did that. Several times. The time I was able to switch back to the Kingroot window was the time it hard reset itself as I was staring at the "ZTE checking" screen. Feels like it's locking everything up so fast that Kingroot doesn't have a chance to do what it needs to do.How would I manually install su via command line, or can I even do that? The reason I am asking is that maybe if I could have that command pretyped in one terminal, I could run the forkbomb and swtich tabs and hit enter really fas, maybe I could force it in.. But I'm not even sure if that will work since it seems we are looking for suid and not su.

Upvote 0

Hell even if he doesn't work for ZTE, he's still trolling. And I have already given up hope on ZTE as a company. Once I have the spare cash for a new phone, I am getting one. Hopefully this weekend, I got overtime last week, so I may have a chance. I'll know on Friday once I have my bills paid. Hell, at this point, I'm willing to take an older used phone from Craigslist (maybe a Note, but i'm not sure. I heard Samsung stopped supporting external storage, which is a shame. I loved my T999, which I do still have, I just can't get used to going back to that tiny screen. Wonder if there would be a way to transplant the internal hardware of that phone to this case and screen..Meh even if there was, it would probably involve a lot of soldering, and I don't have my soldering iron anymore, not to mention, with those tiny points in phones I'd probably screw up anyway.

Don't get me wrong, my hardheadedness and love for tinkering will still have me working on this one trying to get into it, but my daliy driver needs to be rooted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reason kingroot will never work is because all the root exploits kingroot uses are all patched.

Its not just one single root, its a list of premade exploits by others and it uses a compatibility check against your os version.

It doesnt check what version of security update you have.
Yeah I was a bit confused as to why they are using Kingroot, that's not going to root the phone.

Upvote 0
I actually am liking trying all the linux commands I can find online. It seems they remove the commands that let you control the android system like su, sudo, etc. I found some commands that will let you control selinux but those commands too are not found. so really if you want total control of any android system that's gonna be released. You all better learn how to compile applets to give u permissions since they already have busybox and toybox built in.

You also all need to learn linux system. That's how it is now to gain root privileges on new phones with all the permissions being denied on all the commands I tried.

Upvote 0
I actually am liking trying all the linux commands I can find online. It seems they remove the commands that let you control the android system like su, sudo, etc. I found some commands that will let you control selinux but those commands too are not found. so really if you want total control of any android system that's gonna be released. You all better learn how to compile applets to give u permissions since they already have busybox and toybox built in.

You also all need to learn linux system. That's how it is now to gain root privileges on new phones with all the permissions being denied on all the commands I tried.

Who says that everyone doesn't know the linux system?

Upvote 0
Who says that everyone doesn't know the linux system?
i for one don't know anything about it. I learn as I try the commands. obviously the linux system installed on this phone is incomplete they only include those that will run the phone AND erase those that can give anyone access. you cant even read what's on some dir.

since you know linux, so can you tell me where is the bootloader? I mean what directory is it at?

Upvote 0
Has anyone else been able to do this? I'm kinda afraid to disclose how I did it but I'll say it was unexpected and happened by accident, and didn't involve any type of exploit. It even has the marshmallow debugging notification. I don't know where to go from here. What do?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170320-181042.png
    Screenshot_20170320-181042.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 238
Upvote 0
Has anyone else been able to do this? I'm kinda afraid to disclose how I did it but I'll say it was unexpected and happened by accident, and didn't involve any type of exploit. It even has the marshmallow debugging notification. I don't know where to go from here. What do?

LOL I think everyone has that option in connect to PC mode. What is earth shattering about it? I don't think you did it maybe one of the updates did it.

Reactions: Muchwin
Upvote 0
LOL I think everyone has that option in connect to PC mode. What is earth shattering about it? I don't think you did it maybe one of the updates did it.
It's always been ghosted out for me, since day one. Searched this thread and others for it and haven't found any other instances of it. Not saying it's earth shattering (wtf) but I've never been able to tap it on this phone until just now from a possible glitch, and I'm pretty sure every root method on every other android phone in the entire universe needs it turned on.

Upvote 0
i for one don't know anything about it. I learn as I try the commands. obviously the linux system installed on this phone is incomplete they only include those that will run the phone AND erase those that can give anyone access. you cant even read what's on some dir.

since you know linux, so can you tell me where is the bootloader? I mean what directory is it at?
I never said I knew Linux. I have no clue where the bootloader would be.

Upvote 0
I have had this phone since it first came out. And have always had the option since day one one I went into delevoper mode and enabled usb debug.
It's always been ghosted out for me, since day one. Searched this thread and others for it and haven't found any other instances of it. Not saying it's earth shattering (wtf) but I've never been able to tap it on this phone until just now from a possible glitch, and I'm pretty sure every root method on every other android phone in the entire universe needs it turned on.

Upvote 0
I have had this phone since it first came out. And have always had the option since day one one I went into delevoper mode and enabled usb debug.
Interesting. I've also had it since the month it came out and have always had dev mode enabled, yet have never seen this except for today, just now. It's always been unclickable. And I feel like I remember people talking about it being a hurdle in the old thread (before it was derailed)

Upvote 0
Afraid to disclose how you did it...Lol just plug it in computer

Upvote 0

Linux and android system maybe the same, but android linux differs by partition system.

Each part has its own partition:
-Radio
-Bootloader
-Bootloader2 (if available)
-EDL (qualcomm phones)
-System
-User Storage
-Data
-Cache
-FTM (if available)

If people dont know how to root or root is not available then its better to educate since anybody can pick it up fast and find a solution.

Anyway its great you are learning linux, but its better not to clutter the thread with random tries you have attempted till you know for sure its something nobody has tried.

Not trying to insult you.. just really takes away from someone possibly posting something that may lead to root.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones