• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE Zmax Pro Official Root Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, been following this thread for a couple months and I have a few questions. (btw I've never messed with this kind of stuff before but have always wanted to)
#1: Like I said new to this so I'm wondering, why are the phone manufacturers against us having root access?
#2: What are some good resources to learn more about all this? I know a bit about Linux and some programming.( I'd say I'm a 'novice hobbyist')

Upvote 0
Hi guys, been following this thread for a couple months and I have a few questions. (btw I've never messed with this kind of stuff before but have always wanted to)
#1: Like I said new to this so I'm wondering, why are the phone manufacturers against us having root access?
#2: What are some good resources to learn more about all this? I know a bit about Linux and some programming.( I'd say I'm a 'novice hobbyist')
They are not against us personally having root.

Reasons would be:
-exploits for malicious attacks
-using phone on another carrier
-using apps not meant for the phone
-losing the need for a support department

As far as learning to work with android would be to get more knowledge on java coding and how linux works from the kernel

Upvote 0
They are not against us personally having root.

Reasons would be:
-exploits for malicious attacks
-using phone on another carrier
-using apps not meant for the phone
-losing the need for a support department

As far as learning to work with android would be to get more knowledge on java coding and how linux works from the kernel

Using the phone on a different carrier has nothing to do with root.
After 90 days or buy a code you can use it on a different carrier

Upvote 0
Using the phone on a different carrier has nothing to do with root.
After 90 days or buy a code you can use it on a different carrier
Oh yeah?

Obviously all carriers allow you to unlock phones and all phones nowadays can have a sim unlock code be purchased huh?

Might wanna research more buddy.

Root allows 3rd party sim unlock devices to unlock phones without the need to buy codes or wait 90 days.

Reactions: cyanidekid
Upvote 0
Oh yeah?

Obviously all carriers allow you to unlock phones and all phones nowadays can have a sim unlock code be purchased huh?

Might wanna research more buddy.

Root allows 3rd party sim unlock devices to unlock phones without the need to buy codes or wait 90 days.
Remember we are all here working on the same goal... Rooting the zmax pro. No need for nastiness among us. Remember kindness is a muscle you gotta flex it everyday.

Upvote 0
I'm a long-time lurker of this forum. I just wanted to make a quick rant about those feeling like this phone is crap without root. I've owned quite a few android smartphones over the years. This phone is absolutely the best phone I've ever owned. I've never had freezing issues with this phone, which I've had with other phones. Also, no having to restart it to fix issues. It's fast, easy to use, and works well for everything. It's VR-capable! It cost me $40 with a MetroPCS promotion. I don't agree with people feeling they need to move on from this phone. I can see myself using this phone for another two years at least before having to retire it. Too many people feel they just need the best and anything that presents even the littlest of problems isn't good enough for them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well said Searles. I would like to know where we are at the moment with some of the confusion going. I want to keep exploring options and at this moment we need to figure what the next steps are. I joined the forum to find a root-able option, I see now, not all android phones are available as root. But I'm sure we can find a way, I mean its our phone, we should do as we please. I got a great deal on the phone and from the spec I don't see me upgrading for another year, even if its not rooted. First world problems really.

Reactions: bwrightdroid
Upvote 0
I'm a long-time lurker of this forum. I just wanted to make a quick rant about those feeling like this phone is crap without root. I've owned quite a few android smartphones over the years. This phone is absolutely the best phone I've ever owned. I've never had freezing issues with this phone, which I've had with other phones. Also, no having to restart it to fix issues. It's fast, easy to use, and works well for everything. It's VR-capable! It cost me $40 with a MetroPCS promotion. I don't agree with people feeling they need to move on from this phone. I can see myself using this phone for another two years at least before having to retire it. Too many people feel they just need the best and anything that presents even the littlest of problems isn't good enough for them.

It's not that it's crap without root, it's more like freedom. We SHOULD be able to do whatever we want with this phone and the fact that they locked special administrative access from us is just outright disgusting. No one wants to be restricted on their own phone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And what about if you play games on your phone? Multi touch support for this phone is broken, for me that's a really good reason to go find a new phone.

I'm not sure what you would use this for, but if you can go another 2 years without games so be it.

If we had root we might be able to fix multi touch ourselves.

Besides, it's not that it's crap without root, it's more like freedom. We SHOULD be able to do whatever we want with this phone and the fact that they locked special administrative access from us is just outright disgusting. No one wants to be restricted on their own phone.
What version are you running and when is your manufacturer date? My multitouch works fine with every game I've used.

Upvote 0
And what about if you play games on your phone? Multi touch support for this phone is broken, for me that's a really good reason to go find a new phone.

I'm not sure what you would use this for, but if you can go another 2 years without games so be it.

If we had root we might be able to fix multi touch ourselves.

Besides, it's not that it's crap without root, it's more like freedom. We SHOULD be able to do whatever we want with this phone and the fact that they locked special administrative access from us is just outright disgusting. No one wants to be restricted on their own phone.

I've never had issues with multi touch I play dead trigger with no issues whatsoever I even play Roblox and asphalt 8 no problems on my end....wierd

Reactions: Ethorbit
Upvote 0
What version are you running and when is your manufacturer date? My multitouch works fine with every game I've used.

08 my bad, I went to the ZTE z981 multi touch thread and really no one said it was fixed so I made the assumption it was still broken. Will do a format, thanks.

Edit:
Yep multi touch doesn't work for me still unless the phone is charging, I reset my phone and updated to the latest.

One game example is Terraria. Multi touch will fail to work on this game if your phone is not charging.
No clue why the phone does this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I may be pissing in the wind. But i tend to look at odd things that no one else likes to point out. Such as our mobo. Msm8952. I was curious. So i decided to search for another msm8952 device by ZTE. ZTE Nubia Z11 mini has the same board. I was curious how far they got. They have root and twrp. But they also apparently have fasttboot and an available bootloader.... Ok. Here is where it gets a little odd. Couldnt you use the firehose for the nubia for our devices? If not then could we extract the fastboot files from a nubia rom and somehow tempboot them onto our phones? I really dont know. I just keep getting ideas that are probably at the most just completely useless. But you never know.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones