1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Zte Zmax Pro Screen Sharing??!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bandit Kid, May 20, 2017.

1. Bandit Kid

Bandit Kid Lurker

hi I currently own a Zte Zmax pro with metro PC's . I love this phone cause of the screen size etc. but I want to know how to screen share? mhl cable doesn't work and I dont have wifi to screen cast. I need some type of cable or something any information would be greatly appreciated!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. joserey1029

joserey1029 Lurker

If you have a smart Tv you should be able to cast your screen

3. Bandit Kid

Bandit Kid Lurker

no unfortunately I have a regular 55 in hdtv made by Element . it's truly a piece of junk idk how they sell flat screens in 2017 at Walmart that does nothing except for play a image. on top of that you need WIFI to screen cast. I could of sworn I stated I didn't have wifi in the thread

4. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

<font color ='#9e9e9e'>Bandit Kid </font>
    <font color ='#9e9e9e'>no unfortunately I have a regular 55 in hdtv made by Element . it's truly a piece of junk idk how they sell flat screens in 2017 at Walmart that does nothing except for play a image. on top of that you need WIFI to screen cast. I could of sworn I stated I didn't have wifi in the thread </font>

YOU DON'T NEED WIFI to Miracast, just gotta have WiFi turned on the device and an HDMI Miracast adapter (unless you are using a smart TV, which has Miracast built-in)
    . And Yes, I use ZTE devices too..

5. asianrocker

asianrocker Android Enthusiast

I presume the OP has no WIFI in their device too. Lots of people just use your data plan now for everything. No WIFI necessary.

I didn't know you need wifi to cast though. Hmmm. What about BT? But I know you are asking about USB. Doesn't it have to be OTG ready to do that? Coz this phone has no OTG.

6. NeoZiggy

NeoZiggy Android Enthusiast

You need to buy a Miracast HDMI stick. It does not require Wi-Fi unlike the Google Chromecast and the newer Amazon Fire sticks. Belkin makes one and so do many no-name brands on Amazon. Had to do it for my LG Stylo.

And no your device's Wi-Fi will not work, you need to be connected through a router....

7. loonycgb2

loonycgb2 Android Enthusiast

Every android's internal wifi module does an ethernet loop.

So if he uses stock hotspot just to cast screen to a chromecast then device will use data and screen will show without data usage.

danacochran54 likes this.
  8. dedbunny

dedbunny Newbie

9. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

That's expensive for a MiraCast adapter.. Should only have to pay about $10-15 for one that'll work on all 3 PC, iOS &amp; Android and works quite well. You can always try if running stock but it's almost a guaranteed capability when running Custom ROMs

10. dedbunny

dedbunny Newbie

Do you happen to have a link for a cheaper one? That's the cheapest I found with a quick Amazon search to work without WiFi.

11. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

ZTE Zmax Pro Forum

The ZTE Zmax Pro release date was July 2016. Features and Specs include a 6.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 617 processor, and 3400mAh battery.

July 2016
Release Date
Reviews