• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE ZMAX Pro (Z981) "device donation" root discussion

Hello
Is the bootloader unlockable , is there is an enable oem unlock option in the developer options
Hey! I Know You!!! :cool:

You're "THE MAN" that created the modified T.W.R.P. img that gave birth to the LG Stylo 2 Plus and brought it into the World of *ROOT* :)

Please... FOR THE LOVE OF _____ ... HELP US!!!
Do we need to chip in and buy you a device?
$100.00 + Tax and 3 months of service to cover your 90 day obligation to stay with MetroPCS ($30.00 plan) would materialize almost instantly here in the forums for you if you could work your magic for us..
What do you think? :cool:

Upvote 0
Is stock rom / kernel source available for this device ?
I don't know for sure Sir...:cool:
Com'on Guys!
Help this man out.. this the "Creator" of Root for the LG Stylo 2 Plus!!! and he is offering to help us obtain Root..
Please.. some of you that have been around this forum and are knowledgeable.. help this Man out with some answers.. Please.. If he broke the Stylo 2 Plus code he can break ours! ;)

Upvote 0
Well if someone can send me a development device , I'm sure we will have some good progress soon

It will take me 2 week to send you mine. I have one but im out of state, actually out of country. But i can sen it to you.
Let me see if i can pull. Img. Right now im on work laptop... (Mac) n ill have to set up environment for it. I have my my W/machine @ hm with all that crap... Let me see whatvi can do.

Upvote 0
It will take me 2 week to send you mine. I have one but im out of state, actually out of country. But i can sen it to you.
Let me see if i can pull. Img. Right now im on work laptop... (Mac) n ill have to set up environment for it. I have my my W/machine @ hm with all that crap... Let me see whatvi can do.
I'm not living in the u.s :) , if i were there i would pick a one xD , i think it will need 2 to 3 weeks to reach my hand

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not living in the u.s :) , if i was there i would pick a one xD , i think it will need 2 to 3 weeks to reach my hand

If you mind me asking... Where? So i can calculate or ask my wife to send it cus ill finish project in 1 1/2 week.

Now for those that have been sending PM saying that im not a real developer. Y'all right... Im a topnotch media editor... I have never said that i am. All i have learned its has been thanks to Hroark13, Sammyz, BobCat shabbypenguin, viperdink, GameTheory, kouch, DM47021 Jrumming, MikeHoncho, ScaryAlien, XuoanF (miui), many other... And burning my own devices. So thank you.... I will do all im capable to always help. Without F*ckng anyone... Im Sorry My God.
Going back to you. "Messi let get this rolling. I'll pm you it soonest i can .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you mind me asking... Where? So i can calculate or ask my wife to send it cus ill finish project in 1 1/2 week.

Now for those that have been sending PM saying that im not a real developer. Y'all right... Im a topnotch media editor... I have never said that i am. All i have learned its has been thanks to Hroark13, Sammyz, BobCat shabbypenguin, viperdink, GameTheory, kouch, DM47021 Jrumming, MikeHoncho, ScaryAlien, XuoanF (miui), many other... And burning my own devices. So thank you.... I will do all im capable to always help. Without F*ckng anyone... Im Sorry My God.
Going back to you. "Messi let get this rolling. I'll pm you it soonest i can .
Please contact me at hangouts [minoforever216@gmail.com]

Upvote 0
For those who do not know me I'm the first person to obtain root on :
Samsung j700p
Samsung j700t/t1
Lg stylo 2 plus
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/recovery-twrp-v3-lg-stylo-2-plus-t3482169
I'm waiting for a development device from @Krlypumaa ( he will send it after 2 weeks)
I grabbed the source and once i get the phone , a twrp recovery will be available for this phone alongside a clear how to root procedure (i hope so xD)
That's what I'm talking about. I'll donate to you and anyone else who contributes, always have. Let me know if you have PayPal.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
So you want root .... ofcourse/ yes
Want to help getting a working method .... shhh...silence
You spent months trying to obtain root on this device and you didn't make any progress....I tried to help but unfortunately all is liking my posts and skip the contributions asking part , i won't be able to help without getting the device in my hands as i need to figure out a workaround for flashing the recovery , i need to know the cmdline /tagsoff and other information required to get a working twrp recovery and as i can see no one wants to help getting a one so I'm sorry , I won't be able to help u , send me a pm when you really want to go on with a successful root for this device....
I for one plan to contribute. I just need a little time as I'm gearing up to have a baby on Halloween. Once the baby gets here my chips will be in.

Upvote 0
You spent months trying to obtain root on this device and you didn't make any progress....I tried to help but unfortunately all is liking my posts and skip the contributions asking part , i won't be able to help without getting the device in my hands as i need to figure out a workaround for flashing the recovery , i need to know the cmdline /tagsoff and other information required to get a working twrp recovery and as i can see no one wants to help getting a one so I'm sorry , I won't be able to help u , send me a pm when you really want to go on with a successful root for this device....

It's not that I am not willing to contribute. I did for a few devices I had for testing as well as donating. I check everyone's information and their past post when I donate. And from what I see so far from your post. It doesn't tell me that you contributed anything to help root. Also you join Saturday. Did you post it on another site? If you did, can you confirm that on that site (XDA or any other) that it is you that did the root that you stated. I am willing to donate once I see it. Thanks

Upvote 0

Hey I already said that the phone will be on the way i need to get to US to send to you. And I will run with shipping now IF,,, IF,,, someone give to me it will go to shipping devices... I have no idea how much it will be to where you told me.... But "BUT " why not putting our possibilities to work n get something done?. Until? As for me its not about device or money its the adrenaline of getting stuff done.
Lets no sound or get pushy about it.

Upvote 0
It's not that I am not willing to contribute. I did for a few devices I had for testing as well as donating. I check everyone's information and their past post when I donate. And from what I see so far from your post. It doesn't tell me that you contributed anything to help root. Also you join Saturday. Did you post it on another site? If you did, can you confirm that on that site (XDA or any other) that it is you that did the root that you stated. I am willing to donate once I see it. Thanks
You can contact me at hangouts on the email found in my signature on xda

Reactions: 5318008
Upvote 0
Hey I already said that the phone will be on the way i need to get to US to send to you. And I will run with shipping now IF,,, IF,,, someone give to me it will go to shipping devices... I have no idea how much it will be to where you told me.... But "BUT " why not putting our possibilities to work n get something done?. Until? As for me its not about device or money its the adrenaline of getting stuff done.
Lets no sound or get pushy about it.
You will need to send it (as i told you on hangouts) to my u.s shop and ship address so I'm the one who will afford the international shipping and the local taxes , i suggested to contribute here to save time and get a device earlier as you won't be able to send yours before 2 weeks from now ... i can't compile twrp before getting those stock kernel information
https://gitlab.com/messi2050/android_device_lge_ph2n_twrp/blob/master/BoardConfig.mk#L40

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok.. Let's Talk Numbers Here...:cool:
How much is this device in your country? It's $99.00 U.S. dollars here... $39.99 if someone buys and ports a number from another account.. I did that just using my Google number.. Then you are committed to 3 months with MetroPCS at $30.00 a month..
So.. your looking at $190.00 or $140.00.. (If this deal still exist) or $179.00+tax if ordered online and that would avoid the 90 day commitment to have an account with MetroPCS.
Do you have a PayPal account? that's the easiest way to donate to you..
And....
Do we have 10 people here?
Do we have 20 people here?
Do we have 30 people here? That are willing to donate $__________ ?
$5.00 each?
$10.00? :cool:
You have to remember.. the reason some of us have this phone instead of some $400.00 to $900.00 phone is that we don't have a ton of money to give away.. even for root.. at least that's my case.

Upvote 0
Ok.. Let's Talk Numbers Here...:cool:
How much is this device in your country? It's $99.00 U.S. dollars here... $39.99 if someone buys and ports a number from another account.. I did that just using my Google number.. Then you are committed to 3 months with MetroPCS at $30.00 a month..
So.. your looking at $190.00 or $140.00.. (If this deal still exist) or $179.00+tax if ordered online and that would avoid the 90 day commitment to have an account with MetroPCS.
Do you have a PayPal account? that's the easiest way to donate to you..
And....
Do we have 10 people here?
Do we have 20 people here?
Do we have 30 people here? That are willing to donate $__________ ?
$5.00 each?
$10.00? :cool:
I will ask my u.s friend @Djoec3683 to get a one for me so i don't know the exact total cost , yes i have a Paypal account that i posted here yesterday and it can be found in my xda signature (minoforever216@gmail.com)

Upvote 0
Buy an unlock code for $20 or so and you won't have to get the second or third month of service.

Edit: That's what I did. Phone for $99, cheapest service ($20?), unlock code. Started using mine on my T-Mobile account in less than a month.
It's only a development device so no need to get a working network as I'm using samsung j7 as my daily driver

Upvote 0
Buy an unlock code for $20 or so and you won't have to get the second or third month of service.

Edit: That's what I did. Phone for $99, cheapest service ($20?), unlock code. Started using mine on my T-Mobile account in less than a month.
Then you still owe MetroPCS the difference for early cancellation.. just like with any other carrier.. they are going to come after you for that $80.00 plus the difference in tax.. The $99.00 you paid just like the $39.99 I paid for mine comes with an "Obligation" to stick with MetroPCS for 90 days that's why you are getting the discount.. you can pay list price up front $179.00+Tax and walk away from MetroPCS or do it the way we did it.. $99.00 / $39.99 + Tax. and stay for 90 days.

Upvote 0
Early cancellation? I thought I was month to month. I seriously doubt they're gonna try to come after me for another two months' payment but I'll let you know if they do.
That's the way they preach it here in Cali.. That's why you're getting the discount.
Hey... Can You Loan Me $400.00 ?
I need to order one of these for Xmas... For Me.. :cool:

Just make it $500.00.. and I give you my Zmax Pro.. :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones