• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE ZMAX Z970 BRICKED

YousifDaKing

Lurker
Jan 8, 2016
Hello Everyone!
I Have a ZTE ZMAX and i recently Reset it the whole thing and it looks like the OS is missing. few months ago my friend flashed some stuff in their and it did not work so after like 2 months i decide to reset the phone when i Reset the phone boom this happens red light black screen boots into android then turns off to the red light with black screen. this phone is not rooted or anything its just missing a os i am guessing this is unsolvable because i would not have access to su or anything like that. if anyone has a way please reply i would really appreciate it thank you.

Reactions: Nicoya61
Hello Everyone!
I Have a ZTE ZMAX and i recently Reset it the whole thing and it looks like the OS is missing. few months ago my friend flashed some stuff in their and it did not work so after like 2 months i decide to reset the phone when i Reset the phone boom this happens red light black screen boots into android then turns off to the red light with black screen. this phone is not rooted or anything its just missing a os i am guessing this is unsolvable because i would not have access to su or anything like that. if anyone has a way please reply i would really appreciate it thank you.

Simple. Since the ZMAX doesn't have an OS, You have wiped the system folder as well which had the OS. Flash a ROM that is on the Root thread of this section of the phone and flash it.

Upvote 0
Hello Everyone!
Hi this is Italy 911 did you ever fix the problem I'm caught stock ROM I think I put a T-Mobile stock ROM on my metro phone I was rooted Julianne have TWRP when I run into TWRP I flashed the T-Mobile round by accident and my phone was stuck in custom recovery then I try to flash again inside the air and then now all I have is Android screen and stock recovery which I don't know if you can Flash anything through it to fix it with the computer

Upvote 0
Hi this is Italy 911 did you ever fix the problem I'm caught stock ROM I think I put a T-Mobile stock ROM on my metro phone I was rooted Julianne have TWRP when I run into TWRP I flashed the T-Mobile round by accident and my phone was stuck in custom recovery then I try to flash again inside the air and then now all I have is Android screen and stock recovery which I don't know if you can Flash anything through it to fix it with the computer

Not that I'm aware of for the Zmax.. I'm familiar with the device and have built a few custom ROMs (N 7.1.2) for it too. I think ya may be past the point of no return on that one since you lost the TWRP access, due to the fact that fastboot capability was extremely suppressed. This device was an absolute horror to get Rooted for a very long time but we managed. Unfortunately you'd need install a certain app, which is now impossible since it won't fully boot. Your best bet on this subject would have been to flash a custom ROM that last time you booted TWRP and keep going. The Stock ROM was Android v4.4.2 (KitKat) and MANY-MANY PlayStore apps broke KK functionality with the Nougat 7.0+ updates. I think you are likely now a proud owner of a 'brick', aka paperweight

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
I agree with bcrichster.

Check out swappa.com. One of the best places to get used phones.

I'm really liking this deal on an unlocked S8 for $251.
https://swappa.com/listing/view/LRMD60620

And on a budget, an unlocked S6 for $120.
https://swappa.com/listing/view/LROE54630

Only thing about the Galaxy S series is that you'll need the International version with Exynos chip for custom ROMs as all US models are bootloader locked and can't install custom recoveries, jusy an FYI

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones