• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
root checker app is wrong, try using an app that requires root. i restored with lg flash tool updated, installed framaroot.apk and init recovery flash app. i rooted with gandalf exploit in framarook.apk and reboot. then installed init.recovery and did a backup. i used titanium backup with it and es file explorer which all requires root access.

Its definitely not rooted, tried wifi tether, no longer works :(

Upvote 0
I tried a factory reset...still went back to CWM.
I'm downloading the LG tool with the link you posted in MediaFire. How do I apply the .DLL?

edit: Ok I don't know what's going on with this phone but I powered it off and plugged in the USB cable...it put me right back to CWM!

download the .dll and copy it to the folder where the lg tool was installed. are you following the instructions? volume up for 2 or so seconds then plug in usb without letting go of volume up.

Upvote 0
theres a link in the unbricking thread where it links you to a picture tutorial on how to configure your usb ports. follow it and try it again.

I did all that....everything is set. Step 17 and 18 I'm a lil confused.
I hit the start button then it says READY. Then step 18 says remove cable for a seconds. Then what do I do...plug it back in?

Upvote 0
I did all that....everything is set. Step 17 and 18 I'm a lil confused.
I hit the start button then it says READY. Then step 18 says remove cable for a seconds. Then what do I do...plug it back in?

ok no, since you configured the ports already close the flashtool and reopen it. select the .dll and .tot file and then hit go. do not remove the usb cable at all after you open the flash tool. when it says ready give it some time. if nothing happens after 2-3 minutes that we have problem.

Upvote 0
ok no, since you configured the ports already close the flashtool and reopen it. select the .dll and .tot file and then hit go. do not remove the usb cable at all after you open the flash tool. when it says ready give it some time. if nothing happens after 2-3 minutes that we have problem.

Chev I think we have a problem...it's still sitting at ready.
When I configured the ports my LG was on COM25. I changed it to 41.
Then I hit start on the flash tool.

Upvote 0
Chev I think we have a problem...it's still sitting at ready.
When I configured the ports my LG was on COM25. I changed it to 41.
Then I hit start on the flash tool.

and you made sure that on the flash tool it the only port enabled in settings where just port one? Open device manager and see if your phone is recognized on your pc or laptop.

Upvote 0
Its definitely not rooted, tried wifi tether, no longer works :(

It could be the update broke wifi tether in another way. I test root by installing and running terminal emulator. I type "su" followed by return on the command line and if Superuser is installed, it will prompt whether or not to allow the terminal program to run as root. Answer "allow once" (or for 10 min). If it gets as far as the prompt, you are almost certainly rooted.

(If you know and did the equiv already, sorry for the wasted space.)

Upvote 0
Yep I have the port 1 selected in the settings.
My device manager has LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COM41)

Edit: ok it's flashing now.

good, it always fails for me around 76% dont worry thats normal. it will reboot to recoveyr and auto wipe data then it will boot to the rom and begin automatic reactivation and then you should be able to update from there. BTW to force push the update to your device go to settings apps and go to google frameworks services. hit clear cache and wipe data also force close it. Then go to system updates and check for update by repeatedly tapping the bottom that says check now. it should come up after a couple of trys. worked for me on the first try.

Upvote 0
good, it always fails for me around 76% dont worry thats normal. it will reboot to recoveyr and auto wipe data then it will boot to the rom and begin automatic reactivation and then you should be able to update from there. BTW to force push the update to your device go to settings apps and go to google frameworks services. hit clear cache and wipe data also force close it. Then go to system updates and check for update by repeatedly tapping the bottom that says check now. it should come up after a couple of trys. worked for me on the first try.

why no buddy post the update here i try google frameworks services. hit clear cache and wipe data also force close it. no luck many times and reset the phone no luck one can post the update to apply

Upvote 0
I can confirm this update is garbage as far as GPS is concerned. If anything it is probably worse! They don't really seem to care abo0ut fixing this. The person in chat suggested I send in my phone to be repaired. I then asked him if that would fix the problem as it is more software related. He admitted it would not fix the problem. I then proceeded to ask him why did you suggest me sending in my phone for something you cannot fix? He then said because I said my device was broken. He then said he was going to escalate this chat to a supervisor. Which came into chat and asked me how they could help me today. Then said nothing else to my responses.

After spending a good 20min chatting with LG support about how they do not support their products. Bestbuy is still selling this device clearly advertising it a GPS capable with mapping directions. I have posted a link below for LG support. I suggest anyone who wants to start a chat and give them hell about the GPS! Please do so. The more the merrier! Below is the link for chat. I say give them hell. And make sure to give them a bad survey afterwards if they do not offer any good suggestions?

Give them HELL!

http://c.velaro.com/Chat/Chat.aspx?...?siteid=4851-showwhen=inqueue&stage=notonline

Upvote 0
To me gps is currently fixed. Im curious, how are you guys testing gps? I hope your not just using an app to try to get a fix on gps as soon as possible? To do a full gps test you have to be in a moving car and have some type of navigation app pointing you to your destination even if you know where you are going. Even though it didnt seem at least to my eyes that there wasnt any gps files updated but it could of been with the kernel which they did updated. Anyway i got a fix on my location in seconds in the front passenger seat of my car. Even though i know where i was going. I set google maps to the place where i was going and began my daily drive. Gps was on perfect when it came down to speed and the point/know which road i was on i even ignored a few turns on the map and it routed literally in 3 sexonds jist in time for the next turn. On ZV4 the biggest problem i noticed was that when i came to a full stop at stoplights, after i started to drive again my gps would not pick up that i have began moving again but it did on zv5. So far i have no problems with gps. I'll be doing more test for the rest of the week to confirm that it works. I would suggest doing a data wipe for those that still complain. Use an app such as titanium backup to backup your apps and the applications data and then restore the apps with titanium backup after the reset. Plus all of you do a data wipe before testing and reporting how gps works on zv5. Thats the best way and thats the way i did it.
Btw network location was not on. This was fully gps chip by itself no help from 3g or 4g.

Upvote 0
root checker app is wrong, try using an app that requires root. i restored with lg flash tool updated, installed framaroot.apk and init recovery flash app. i rooted with gandalf exploit in framarook.apk and reboot. then installed init.recovery and did a backup. i used titanium backup with it and es file explorer which all requires root access.

It could be the update broke wifi tether in another way. I test root by installing and running terminal emulator. I type "su" followed by return on the command line and if Superuser is installed, it will prompt whether or not to allow the terminal program to run as root. Answer "allow once" (or for 10 min). If it gets as far as the prompt, you are almost certainly rooted.

(If you know and did the equiv already, sorry for the wasted space.)

Thanks for this suggestion, I get "permission denied" when I type su.

Maybe I should do a factory reset ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones