• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

chevanlol360

Android Expert
Oct 28, 2011
new york
ya read right, LG has released a new Source for our device meaning that we will soon be getting an OTA. So freedom ROM will have to wait for now lol. From what i can tell its still 4.1.2 jellybean, and since its still 4.1.2 jellybean im gonna guess that its a bug fix kind of update. So hopefully GPS is fixed and call quality as some of you were complaining about. Bricked my phone with the LG hidden menu lol currently fire up the flash tool to get back to stock. If i get the OTA i'll drop the zip here and post instructions on how to update.

And if you get the update before me, allow it to download but DO NOT let it install. Repy here if you got it and i'll give you instructions on how to upload it.

On LG website their are no update for f7

Its not gonna be on their official website lol go to their opensource site and type your model number in. you'll see 2 sources, the current one ZV4 and the newer one ZV5. we will get an ota to update to ZV5 soon. They released the source today so in the next few days the OTA should be rolling out.

Upvote 0
i dont want a bad news guy but this is for LG870 LG870(Optimus F7)_Android_JB_LG870ZV5
our version is LG Optimus F7 (US780)
maybe next year see the update if boost authorize the update

Wanna put a bet on it? 1 million dollars, deal?:smokingsomb:

Incorrect, bro i've seen the system in and out i know what model number we are lol. We are the LG870!!! the US780 is the US cellular Version.

2013-12-24-20-54-36.jpg

Upvote 0
is no like zte first send the update then put the source code

No! ZTE is a joke. They're unorganized which is why the released the source weeks after they push the update. If you ask me they're asking for a lawsuit. People have to harass them before they do their job. LG and Samsung always release their sources before pushing the update. Why? Because its the right way to do things and companies like LG and Samsung doesnt want a class action lawsuit filed against them over not releasing sources to their devices. I cant speak for htc cause i've never owned one of their crappy sense ui devices

Upvote 0
No! ZTE is a joke. They're unorganized which is why the released the source weeks after they push the update. If you ask me they're asking for a lawsuit. People have to harass them before they do their job. LG and Samsung always release their sources before pushing the update. Why? Because its the right way to do things and companies unlike LG and Samsung doesnt want a class action lawsuit filed against them over not releasing sources to their devices. I cant speak for htc cause i've never owned one of their crappy sense ui devices
you are correct zte is a joke always release a source code never worked i haved lg a lg marquee never they update that phone. then question when we can isntall the update

Upvote 0
No! ZTE is a joke. They're unorganized which is why the released the source weeks after they push the update. If you ask me they're asking for a lawsuit. People have to harass them before they do their job. LG and Samsung always release their sources before pushing the update. Why? Because its the right way to do things and companies unlike LG and Samsung doesnt want a class action lawsuit filed against them over not releasing sources to their devices. I cant speak for htc cause i've never owned one of their crappy sense ui devices
i own htc2007 to 2011 then zte warp and sequent and frist was a lg marquee and now a f7

Upvote 0
you are correct zte is a joke always release a source code never worked i haved lg a lg marquee never they update that phone. then question when we can isntall the update

They literally just released the source yesterday so im guessing they will start pushing the update in the first week of January. could be a little bit later or earlier who knows, all i know is that we will eventually get the update lol.

Upvote 0
some one download the update and post the link here

lol im pretty sure needtooy is talking about the source, cause the source is exactly 611 mb. its not the OTA its just the source they are two completely different things lol.

Hey needtooy can upload an image of the notification you got about the OTA? thanks.

Upvote 0
Boost has been having issues with throttling peoples data since the use of lte began..money bet included in this update is a way to fix that, thus throttling after 2.5 gb

lol no, they could throttle you right now if they wanted to. They don't need to send a software update to do that. This update is just for fixing bugs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones